totally off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totally off topic

has anyone ever had any dealings with the gmc 6.8 ltr v8 turbo diesel engine,?or know anything about them? i.e strong points any weaknesses?
    Last edited by surfenstein; 12 January 2007, 21:26.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by vatchman
    has anyone ever had any dealings with the gmc 6.8 ltr v8 turbo diesel engine,?or know anything about them? i.e strong points any weaknesses?

Strong points.....It's a G.M.C. 6.8 V8.

Weak points.......no very economical.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

LOL
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

cheers vince thanks for the info.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

cheers vince thanks for the info.

No worries. Thats all the info you need regarding that engine I would have thought.

Comment

No worries. Thats all the info you need regarding that engine I would have thought.
            so you dont think it would be any good to power a 27ft ex offshore powerboat then?
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

so you dont think it would be any good to power a 27ft ex offshore powerboat then?

Just been glancing through a write-up about fitting two of those engines into a boat coincidently.

Are you sure it's 6.8 litres? all I've found it either 6.2 or 6.5l

Comment

Just been glancing through a write-up about fitting two of those engines into a boat coincidently.

im not sure until i see it vince ive been told its a 6.8ltr but the bloke whos selling it is a bit of a muppet.what does it say about them in the write up are they any good?
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

im not sure until i see it vince ive been told its a 6.8ltr but the bloke whos selling it is a bit of a muppet.what does it say about them in the write up are they any good?

I'll try and find it again.

The only 6.8 diesel is a V10 apparently, unless it's a late eighties, early nineties engine, then it's a petrol V8 normally used in big Chevy or GMC, transit type vans.

Comment

I'll try and find it again.

The only 6.8 diesel is a V10 apparently, unless it's a late eighties, early nineties engine, then it's a petrol V8 normally used in big Chevy or GMC, transit type vans.
                    ok vince that would be great.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

My brother n law used to have a dodge ram as a company car and it had (i think) the 6.2 TD engine.

Drove it once and never knew torque like it.

Not heard of the 6.8 litre.
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

All I can find is that diesel V8 engines were supplied by duramax, mainly for commercial vehicle use, and they were either 6.2 or 6.5 litre.

Any more info you can provide Mark?

Comment

If its the type they used to transplant in Range Rovers it used to destroy the standard Range Rover autobox, if you want it to put in a car i reckon you will need the Gearbox as well

Comment

righ vince ive been to have a look at this engine,i was right the guys a complete muppet its a 6.2 its stamped in big letters on the side of the block.jeeezzzzz,i may be wrong here but it does look like the ones that they use to retro fit in the range rover.mayto its just the engine no g/box ive got a jet drive in my workshop waiting to be coupled up to something.the engine itself looks pretty new but that dont mean a thing.ive heard it run sounds lurverly, looked inside the rocker boxes and the oil looks a bit gunky so i think ill do a bit of a short rebuild just to make sure,if it breaks down a sea you cant just get out and walk.it"ll need a marinisation kit but thats not a prob,he wants £200 notes for it.the question is do i buy it or keep searching for something else,
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

available in the US
                              http://www.enginesdepot.com/product....158&pID=149967

Comment

Working...
                              X