Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dakar

Anyone been watching the dakar,
    It was amzing yesterday seeing the cars, bikes and trucks doing nearly 190km on a dirt road. It was like they were aqua plaining over the sand, barely in control.
    I love the hummer, its a shame toyota dont take it that sereously anymore and leave it to VW and Mitsubishi to fight over.

Originally posted by truckarms
    its a shame toyota dont take it that sereously anymore and leave it to VW and Mitsubishi to fight over.

That's why. Toyota are waiting to see who wins then 'take them on'

p.s. Is Nissan still in it ?

Comment

No Nissan pulled out see quote below

"Competing in the Dakar enabled Nissan to communicate its core strength and expertise in 4x4 technology and off-road durability,” commented Brian Carolin, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Nissan Europe,
      “Our focus will now switch to a broader range of communications activities to support our aggressive new model launch schedule over the next three years.”

WIMPS the just could not handle it anymore, but their trucks looked cool.

Comment

No Nissan pulled out see quote below

"Competing in the Dakar enabled Nissan to communicate its core strength and expertise in 4x4 technology and off-road durability,” commented Brian Carolin, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Nissan Europe,
        “Our focus will now switch to a broader range of communications activities to support our aggressive new model launch schedule over the next three years.”

WIMPS the just could not handle it anymore, but their trucks looked cool.

The last time I watched it, Colin McCrae was driving for them!

Comment

It was amzing yesterday seeing the cars, bikes and trucks doing nearly 190km on a dirt road. It was like they were aqua plaining over the sand, barely in control.
          I love the hummer, its a shame toyota dont take it that sereously anymore and leave it to VW and Mitsubishi to fight over.
          I swear my old surf was a support vehicle in the Dakar rally as it had a few of the old rally stickers on the outside and a vehicle pass still stuck on the inside of a window!.....then again it was only a gutless 2.4
          Last edited by surfstar; 12 January 2007, 14:41.
          Kite Surf

Comment

i dont think toyota have ever won it,? have they.
            JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

no they have not!!! I was amazed to find out

http://www.dakar.com/2007/DAK/presen...79_2006_us.pdf

the worst part is that lada have had 2 second places and a 3rd place!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                The last time I watched it, Colin McCrae was driving for them!
                Guaranteed way to make sure they lost, then.

Comment

Working...
                X