importing a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing a surf

Hi, I hope some one can give me the info I'm looking for, I'd like to import a surf direct from Japan, think this way I will save a lot more than buying from an importer at hugely marked up prices. Firstly are there any sites that I can go to ( in english!!) that give me some rough idea of prices? any idea on shipping charges, import charges? any info or experiences greatly appreciated. thanks

http://www.algysautos.com/Pajero_LWB.html

Comment

surfs to import

thanks but their prices are still pretty high or at least more than I think I could get one for if i was to import it myself, If any one has any japanese sites (in english that have stock lists for export then that would be great) also has any one had any experience of the "dock auctions" I have heard about? any info greatly appreciated.

Comment

a friend of my brothers goes to the auction in southampton, he usually buys one of the ones that has just come off the boat does all the work himself then sells it on he makes himself quite some profit and has allways got a dirrerent car and has about 6 for sale at the mo. if you want i can ask him what he does and if he has any info.
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I bought my latest toy from one of the Southampton auctions. They're supposed to be trade only but they don't seem to be too bothered about checking credentials if you've got money in your hand. Obviously you don't get the luxury of a test drive but you can have a good look round the vehicles and you get to see them running just before they go into the auction. The other thing you have to consider is getting the vehicle home from the auction - this cost me £150 from Southampton to Northampton on a transporter. It would have been cheaper if I'd let them drive it on trade plates but the rad had a leak so chose to have it trailered.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

oh my brothers mate has trade plates sorry forgot that!! oh and remember these trucks have been stood a while sometimes years so will need the fuel well flushed so that any crud wont block your injectors! I have an imported vfr400 (bike) and they suffer badly when the petrol is not flushed from the system and leaves this muck inside that makes the bike not run very well! but putting the work in your self and being carefull you can save your self some dollar and feel chuffed at what you accomplished!!
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

prices at japanese auctions

Hi,
              this is a superb site for history of actual prices and with history of actual results in USD www.english.auto.vl.ru (comes up in google search if you request prices on japanese car auctions)

Comment

Working...
              X