Virtual Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Earth

Don't know if I'm slow at discovering this but it has fascinated me nearly all day http://maps.live.com/ if you go to birds eye view it blinds Google Earth for clarity and you can view your location from N S E or W. not just tilting the map as G E does.
    Also in my particular location it's about 3 years more up to date i.e. last summer.
    Last edited by paulh; 12 January 2007, 00:38.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

That's brilliant. I can even see my Surf in a couple of the shots. All taken at different times though. The initial view must have been about three years ago as it shows our old caravan and Volvo 940, whilst the other 3D versions show the new van and Surf. Now, if I can just get a higher magnification I can check the roof from the computer room!!!
    Mike G

Comment

Even in a small area the pics are not all done on the same day. My Surf is in it twice!! Once at home and once at work.

Comment

Holy Cripes, that birds eye view is incredible. I can see my 1st Surf parked on the driveway, and also all the mud that I must have recently washed off forming a 'light coating' over the pavement and into the gutter.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

well the pictures of round here, and round cirencester are at least 6 years old!!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

that's smart, i gotta try the downloadable one tomorrow and go surf spotting. i'm not at home in any of the views.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Working...
            X