Confusing beep.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing beep.....

Well, today I was driving in all the rain and suddenly I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming...I indicated left to turn at a roundabout and the indicator started beeping...exactly the same beep that the reverse beep makes!!!!... It does it on right hand turn as well.....

I am guessing that it is down to moisture but where??? Where is the beep box? Sounds like it is coming from the rear........ooo er!!!
    [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Originally posted by angusglover
    Well, today I was driving in all the rain and suddenly I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming...I indicated left to turn at a roundabout and the indicator started beeping...exactly the same beep that the reverse beep makes!!!!... It does it on right hand turn as well.....

I am guessing that it is down to moisture but where??? Where is the beep box? Sounds like it is coming from the rear........ooo er!!!
    Have you got tow bar electrics
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
      Have you got tow bar electrics
      you DO know something then?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I have a tow bar...never used it though. What you thinkin dude?

Comment

that buzzer lets you know the indicators are working when connected to a caravan/trailer board. for some reason yours are coming on now even though you're not towing.

i don't know the solution, but that is what the noise is.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
            that buzzer lets you know the indicators are working when connected to a caravan/trailer board. for some reason yours are coming on now even though you're not towing.

i don't know the solution, but that is what the noise is.
            Oi you gave it away .....you could have let me toy with him first

Its probably a short somewhere in the towbar electrics Q2 have you been wading in water
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Nope, wading is my summer hobby but the rain today was pretty damn bad.....

Toying with me huh...thats mean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by angusglover
                Nope, wading is my summer hobby but the rain today was pretty damn bad.....

Toying with me huh...thats mean!!!
                Damp in towbar electrics sound about the right idea .....But i can't tell you any more than that.

Electrics are a no no for me
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  Damp in towbar electrics sound about the right idea .....But i can't tell you any more than that.

Electrics are a no no for me
                  I'ld suggest undoing the 3 screws on the towbar electrics pull the rubber back, clean out any water and muck from the wiring connections and fill it with grease.
                  Then lift the cover flap on the front, clean out the plug connections, easier with a blow gun, then grease there too.
                  If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Cheers guys.....

Comment

Concur - mine does it as well after I have been through the river. Water in the towbar socket. Must get round to putting some greasse in there...
                      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                      X