• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no .....Here comes the Cats Chorus
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Can I play the tw@t?
      you may as well, you've been auditioning for that part on here for long enough!
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        i'd give a good musical account for myself on any musical instrument within a week...that's how damned good i am dude!

see, can even blow my own trumpet!
        Yup. Had heard you were good with instruments that need blowing.

Comment

i'd give a good musical account for myself on any musical instrument within a week...that's how damned good i am dude!

see, can even blow my own trumpet!
          Something I have always wanted to do is play a tune by ear. Can't do it though unless I have the dots

Comment

you may as well, you've been auditioning for that part on here for long enough!
            What can I say. It's a god given talent of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
              Something I have always wanted to do is play a tune by ear. Can't do it though unless I have the dots
              You were taught from sheet music, I presume? I'm the same. I think most people play the way they learn, and only that way. Learn by ear, play by ear, and vice versa. There are the odd exceptions, obviously.

Comment

i can't read music. i've tried but it never sinks in. anyone who can, or even attempts any instrument and achieves any level of merit deserves a big .

nothing better than churning out a riff along to a cd of a band that really compelled you to play in the first place.

Comment

What can I say. It's a god given talent of mine.
                  noticed!

Comment

Yup. Had heard you were good with instruments that need blowing.
                    I can see an organ joke coming along soon!

Comment

I can see an organ joke coming along soon!
                      man, organ jokes been here ever since i brutally took the ultimate redneck pi$$ big time out of 2nd and 3rd gen surfers...only to go buy a gold 2nd gen myself!

i'm now faced with daily abuse from certain b'stards on here who just cannot admit that GOLD is the greatest colour for a surf!

Comment

man, organ jokes been here ever since i brutally took the ultimate redneck pi$$ big time out of 2nd and 3rd gen surfers...only to go buy a gold 2nd gen myself!

i'm now faced with daily abuse from certain b'stards on here who just cannot admit that GOLD is the greatest colour for a surf!
                        Gold, thats just blingledy bling bling blinging!

Comment

My sympathies, G.B. There are some sarcastic sods on here, aren't there.

Comment

I am just trying to think of somthing where golden surf , showers and taking the p155 out of logey all fit together
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

My daughter has now turned six and as she likes music I am suggesting to her that she learns to play a musicla instrument. She is keen but my wife, Denise, says that she has enough to do with her school work and cannot see the point of it. Denise adds that nobody really needs or wants to learn music today as they can listen to the radio or cd's. True, but I think that learning an instrument is worthwhile as it can be a means of expression and generally something nice to do.

Anyone out there play an instrument or maybe think it is/not worthwhile?

I play the drums. I've got a Tama Starclassic Birch with Zildian Cymbals, Iron Cobra bass pedal and hi hat stand and a bronze 14x7.5 snare (spelling could be dodgy as I've been on the lager)

I used to play the Trombone, but gave it up because it was too heavy to carry the mile and a half to school.

I would suggest either Trumpet (small) guitar (accoustic) or Keyboards (they don't get so bored as they play background tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                                I play the drums. I've got a Tama Starclassic Birch with Zildian Cymbals, Iron Cobra bass pedal and hi hat stand and a bronze 14x7.5 snare (spelling could be dodgy as I've been on the lager)

I used to play the Trombone, but gave it up because it was too heavy to carry the mile and a half to school.

I would suggest either Trumpet (small) guitar (accoustic) or Keyboards (they don't get so bored as they play background tracks.
                                Nice set up. One of the groups I used to play with had a drummer who also sang, terrific voice and he could emulate some of the well known middle of the road singers. I think that it will be keyboard she takes up is it is the easiest to get a sound from at least. As far as reading the music is concerned that will come in time.
                                The set up I still have is a Yamaha organ, a Hammond B200 plus Leslie HL822 and a Solina string ensemble.

Comment

Working...
                                X