Flood patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flood patrol

Good depth of water in most of Warks fords this moring. The permanent fords are probably best avoided today (4 foot deep at Churchover). Also lots of water in the normally dry crossings.

Had to pull a transit van out the water at Kings Newnham (River Avon) on the way to work. I reckon he took it too quickly airfilter had become a water filter.......

Went through the ford/flood at Kings Newnham, Warks at lunchtime. The RAV4 following saw me make it okay (now bear in mind here I have 4" of lift, 33" tyres and am in a much bigger car anyway) and decided to follow. The woman went too quick and flooded the engine and interior up to seat level. So it was on with the waders again....

Going to leave work now for an update on the road chaos.......

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
      Went through the ford/flood at Kings Newnham, Warks at lunchtime. The RAV4 following saw me make it okay (now bear in mind here I have 4" of lift, 33" tyres and am in a much bigger car anyway) and decided to follow. The woman went too quick and flooded the engine and interior up to seat level. So it was on with the waders again....

Going to leave work now for an update on the road chaos.......
      How deep was it? Interested to know what we can get through. (I've got 5" lift and 265/75-16's (about 31.5"?) tyres
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Its supposed to be bad again tonight
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Its supposed to be bad again tonight
          I reckon Upton will be about 2ft tonight, was about 18" yesterday. Might go and have a look tomorrow lunchtime, but eBay tonight for a tow strap
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

££££££££££££££££££££££33 You need to start charging
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

The police have closed both fords by me now....spoilsorts!

Before they did I had to pull an old lady in a Fiat Punto out of the R.Avon near Rugby. She tried to reverse out of the lane leading into the flood but the cars behind sounded thier horns and wouldn't back up. So she went to cross. When the following cars saw her get stuck they turned around and left her in there with flood water slowly filling the footwells. Nice people....

Some photos from earlier today:

Churchover ford, River Swift, Rugby Warwickshire.

Little Lawford ford, River Avon, Warwickshire- just a bit tooo deep this time!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                Before they did I had to pull an old lady in a Fiat Punto out of the R.Avon near Rugby. She tried to reverse out of the lane leading into the flood but the cars behind sounded thier horns and wouldn't back up. So she went to cross. When the following cars saw her get stuck they turned around and left her in there with flood water slowly filling the footwells. Nice people....
                Not surprising, though. That's the problem these days. Most people won't even consider helping someone just for the pure sake of being kind or helpful. It's a largely self obsessed country we live in these days.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                  Good depth of water in most of Warks fords this moring. The permanent fords are probably best avoided today (4 foot deep at Churchover). Also lots of water in the normally dry crossings.

Had to pull a transit van out the water at Kings Newnham (River Avon) on the way to work. I reckon he took it too quickly airfilter had become a water filter.......

A guy at work said his mate was on the local news because he decided to take his Nissan Patrol for a wash in a local ford. The current washed it away and he had to get a farmer with his tractor and a diver to recover it.

Expensive car wash me thinks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    A guy at work said his mate was on the local news because he decided to take his Nissan Patrol for a wash in a local ford. The current washed it away and he had to get a farmer with his tractor and a diver to recover it.

Expensive car wash me thinks!!!
                    He's the one who posted on TV4x4. Saw a DISCO on GMTV this morning sat in water upto the bonnet.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Pulled out another Pugeot from the water this morning. Water was only 6" deep but still killed the engine.

Comment

Many many moons ago we had a company peugeot... turbo diesel driven through a dep ford at speed it died half way through... but apparently the engine was totally destroyed.... the air intake was below the water line and the turbo became a water pump...and the engine had difficulty compressing water...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Concrete bottomed ford in Shilton is showing 2 feet deep at the moment... and that's at the shallow end...

steep entry from Burford end, water washes over the bonnet...

Then a nice bow wave, and nice gentle pace and it washes up the screen to the roof line... and you're out... with the kids squeeling with excitement in the back...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                            Concrete bottomed ford in Shilton is showing 2 feet deep at the moment... and that's at the shallow end...

steep entry from Burford end, water washes over the bonnet...

Then a nice bow wave, and nice gentle pace and it washes up the screen to the roof line... and you're out... with the kids squeeling with excitement in the back...
                            that takes me back. havent done shilton dip in years!!!!
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                            X