e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-bay

Hi, I saw an accordion on e-bay that I liked and sent an e-mail to the seller to see if they would end the auction early at the right price, which they agreed to do. I sent off a cheque and waited for the accordion. Several days later I noticed that the auction had still gone on and someone else won the accordion. Unfortunately, my cheque is now in the sellers bank account. I haven't heard anything since, no replies to my e-mails, that was 14 days ago. He is still selling more accordions on e-bay. What should I do now?

Jacqueline

Originally posted by jax
    Hi, I saw an accordion on e-bay that I liked and sent an e-mail to the seller to see if they would end the auction early at the right price, which they agreed to do. I sent off a cheque and waited for the accordion. Several days later I noticed that the auction had still gone on and someone else won the accordion. Unfortunately, my cheque is now in the sellers bank account. I haven't heard anything since, no replies to my e-mails, that was 14 days ago. He is still selling more accordions on e-bay. What should I do now?

Jacqueline
    have you still got the email you sent him and the reply back from him,then get in touch with ebay and lodge a complaint if he is refusing to send it out althought he has cashed the cheque.
    Send ebay a copy of the emails you sent him and the reply back stating he will end the auction early for the right price and if need be you will have to prove he has cashed the cheque
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Send in the heavys!

If he banked it and not sent the goods then its theft, pure and simple. Make sure there hasn't been a misunderstanding, ie he thought the cheque was from the winning bidder or something, obviously if he's not answering e-mails you can't do this, then get advise from the Plod.

E-bay don't want people pulling auctions, so you might not get help from them.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you have his name and address can't you get his phone No. and give him a ring?
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Send in the heavys!

If he banked it and not sent the goods then its theft, pure and simple. Make sure there hasn't been a misunderstanding, ie he thought the cheque was from the winning bidder or something, obviously if he's not answering e-mails you can't do this, then get advise from the Plod.

E-bay don't want people pulling auctions, so you might not get help from them.
          Take it from us. eBay wont help ANYONE unless it impacts them financially. For those of you who dont know, Vicki runs a business there (£55kpa turnover so more than a hobby) and has found this out several times!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ebay dont help you if you dont follow thier recommended protocol either. how much feedback did they have? i do out of ebay deals sometimes if I feel like they are a trustworthy seller.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              ebay dont help you if you dont follow thier recommended protocol either. how much feedback did they have? i do out of ebay deals sometimes if I feel like they are a trustworthy seller.
              We do a lot of 'off eBay' deals as eBays fees are mental! Not unusual for Vicki to have an £800 monthly bill!!!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Agreed, you might struggle getting Ebay to sort it out as they specifically advise against having auctions pulled. However, it doesn't change the fact that it's theft. Check it's not a mistake on his part, as earlier mentioned, and maybe try your bank. You may well find that if you provide them copies of the email, they'll pull the check back. (They can!) He's can't exactly argue with them...!

Comment

Originally posted by jax

Jacqueline

Keep practising the trumpet?

sorry!

Comment

Hi, thanks for all the replies. The seller had 100% feedback so I thought it would be OK. I'll try the bank to see if they will get my money back. I have saved all the e-mails, so I'll send copies to e-bay. I can't get his telephone number, he must be ex-directory. He could be doing this sort of thing to other bidders.

P.S. The trumpet playing is going reasonably well, didn't realize that it took so much physical effort!!

Jacqueline

Comment

If you have the address could you not see if a member lived near by to collect the missing accordion, if it's down near me only to pleased to knock on his door.

Let us know as they are your goods bought and payed for.

Tony
                      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                        Hi, thanks for all the replies. The seller had 100% feedback so I thought it would be OK. I'll try the bank to see if they will get my money back. I have saved all the e-mails, so I'll send copies to e-bay. I can't get his telephone number, he must be ex-directory. He could be doing this sort of thing to other bidders.
                        That's the best thing to do. Try Ebay first, just on the off chance, but then go direct to the bank and possibly even the police. At least you gave him the easier option first if it is a misunderstanding.

Originally posted by jax
                        P.S. The trumpet playing is going reasonably well, didn't realize that it took so much physical effort!!
                        Don't it just. Did you manage to hit the high notes?

BTW, a simple breathing exercise is to fill your lungs up with air and hold it for 15-30 seconds, then breathe the air out completely and again hold for the same time period. Do that several times per day, and it'll help to alleviate the dizziness you may be noticing whilst practising.

Comment

Working...
                        X