X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UDTrev
    He said cantankerous NOT cankered arse

Comment

"need advice" isn't a good title either.

perhaps "surf on ebay - Should i bid?" would have been a good one.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Yup, but it could still have been done without the 'fast', then bumped up with a plea later if needs be. Just can't abide this rushing attitude that abounds these days. People ought to be prescribed these:
        I remember being pretty excited at the thought of getting my first Surf! So much so that I drove 130 miles to get it and neglected to take any money! Some serious and urgent chats with the bank required

Go easy on the guy, he's just excited like wot I woz!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          I remember being pretty excited at the thought of getting my first Surf! So much so that I drove 130 miles to get it and neglected to take any money! Some serious and urgent chats with the bank required
          Muppet don't even begin to cover that.

Originally posted by Apache
          Go easy on the guy, he's just excited like wot I woz!
          Just giving him a subtle prep for his impending third gen owner announcement.

Comment

I got pretty excited when i bought mine too, but it only gets worse, i'm driving from ashford, kent to torquay, devon tomorrow to go get a snorkel!
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              Muppet don't even begin to cover that.
              Doesn't
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                Doesn't
                Hell. They're beginning to wear off on me, now.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattF]Muppet don't even begin to cover that.

The chap I bought it off (the importer) seemed slightly disbelieving when I told him I'd come to pick up the Surf but I'd forgotten my money, and would he wait while I went to the bank.

My missus, who'd given me a lift, had gone by then (to visit her mum) so he very obligingly took me to the bank in his Evo FQ320 or whatever it was. It was certainly F in Q!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache]I remember being pretty excited at the thought of getting my first Surf! So much so that I drove 130 miles to get it and neglected to take any money! Some serious and urgent chats with the bank required

Yeah, I remember getting excited too! Watched Surfs on eBay for nearly 9 months and promised myself I would wait until the 'right one' came up.

Then I saw one advertised locally and went straight out and bought it. Luckily I got it at a decent price and it runs like a dream. All the stuff that I've added hasn't cost a fortune either as I bought it from good old eBay!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
                      Hi Guys,
                      Still looking for a surf and seen one in E-Bay.3.0turbo diesel, 96N starting at 2500.Could anyone let me know if its worth going for and the max I should bid. It goes in less than two days so I need advice double quick.Its based in Bristol.
                      Thanks
                      Mick.
                      The only one I can find that vaguely fits the description is this:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-Toyota-Hi...QQcmdZViewItem

No disrespect meant to the seller as he normally sells a top class Surf but if this goes for anyhing less than £5K I will be very surprised.
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

what-ever you do test drive it frist. i was hanging out to get mine but the first one i drove (from ebay) was shi te, went ok was close to home but the guy knew f**k all about them (i had been reading up on here) and it was not worth the monie no matter how much i wanted one! i travelled from cornwall to southampton to get mine from danno, a forum member that advitised on here. my truck goes lovley and i love it , as does the misses and the kids!! saves the . good luck and try before you buy as you dont wanna get ****** (fill in blank)
                        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Thanks

Firstly, a big thank you to those of you who bothered to take time out to help and advise me.As I said in a previous thread, I know jack s**t about surfs but know that I want one. I know even less about the workings of forums like this and for most of the time, I'm winging it. So for those who just want to take the p**s , don't bother. For those who want to go off on a tangent, don't bother.I joined to get help from enthusiasts and unfortunatley dont know enough to give advise back.( unless you have a building problem)
                          I've just learnt how to send a link (i think ) so here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...5516&rd=1&rd=1

Kameeleon,I did see the one you looked at but can't afford it. Have a look at this one and let me know what you think. I'm trying not to rush out and buy one but its very difficult. I still might hold on and wait for one to come up here.
                          Thanks again

Comment

Now that's a LATE 2nd gen, didn't think they were about in 96.

She looks in good nick, but being a 4runner rather than a surf check her for rust underneath (Surf's haven't been over here with our corrosive winters as long as 4runners)

Make sure you got the tool kit and the tools to lower the spare (check boot side pockets and under the rear seat)

Make sure the rear window goes up and down ok, check when the oil and cambelt were changed.

Trev
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
                              Firstly, a big thank you to those of you who bothered to take time out to help and advise me.As I said in a previous thread, I know jack s**t about surfs but know that I want one. I know even less about the workings of forums like this and for most of the time, I'm winging it. So for those who just want to take the p**s , don't bother. For those who want to go off on a tangent, don't bother.I joined to get help from enthusiasts and unfortunatley dont know enough to give advise back.( unless you have a building problem)
                              It was not taking the pi$$, it was pointing out a simple fact. You would not run into a shop, push to the front of the queue and say, I want this now. Surely? Anyhows, lighten up. For one, the advice you have been given with regards to prices will guide you well. Look in the surfs for sale section of this site, as well. That will give you a good indication of what you can get for your money.

BTW, if you think pi$$ taking and running off on tangents are out of order, I'd like to apologise profusely, and I'd also just like to say, welcome to the Surf forum. Let us know how things progress. I'll make sure I'm more accomodating of your preferences next time you post. Once again, I do apologise. I honestly don't know what came over me.

Comment

welcome!
                                for reference I paid 3k for a 96N 4runner, nearly 3 yrs ago, 138k miles
                                and its prob worth 2-21/2k now as done 163k miles

the one youre looking at looks in better condition than mine was when i got it
                                but i wouldnt pay more than 4k for a mint 4runner.
                                Landcruiser Colorado
                                Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                                X