No announcement yet.

Offroading kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish i had more mates like that. should be good then, but it's still worth checking if it's got any markings on it though.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

when I go out I always carry
      strops
      shackles
      fire exsting
      first aid kit
      water
      oil
      full tool kit
      torch
      water proofs

Comment

Originally posted by spoofer28
        when I go out I always carry
        strops
        shackles
        fire exsting
        first aid kit
        water
        oil
        full tool kit
        torch
        water proofs
        were you a cub scout??
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

when i go out playing, which is getting more and more often, i always take.

strops and shackles

a mate with a winch and more experience

tea and sugar

flask of hot water

biscuits

pack of tabs and a spare lighter

the missus

some sandwiches

pop if i dont fancy tea

camera

wellies

my lucky gonk

but most importantly a sense of humour, things break and get scratched, its all part of the fun, have a great time when your out mate.
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
            I'm thinking of doing a day here soon, to get some instruction in my own vehicle, i don't think it's 'too' far from you http://www.whitecliff4x4.co.uk/index...id=6&Itemid=10 . I would consider a basic kit if you wanna go out to pay & plays to be a strop and a tested shackle. Although most centre's are very friendly and will pull you out whether you're carrying your own gear or not. Most people will help you out either because they're nice people, or on the basis that next month you might be the only person in the part of the site where they are stuck and they want you to pull them out.
            thats a bit steep mate,

come here www.bofa4x4.com i promise you you'll have a great time a varied and enjoyable day with a cracking bunch of lads and lasses. apart from me obviously......
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
              thats a bit steep mate,
              not for a full days tuition, unless you know different of course. If i just wanna go out and play i wouldn't normally pay more than £25.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

thats a bit steep mate,

come here www.bofa4x4.com i promise you you'll have a great time a varied and enjoyable day with a cracking bunch of lads and lasses. apart from me obviously......

£55- that's a bit steep mate! Come the next Avon Dasset play-day £15 for the day.

http://www.future4x4.co.uk/

Not quite as scenic as Cannock Chase though!

Comment

its not a play and break day, more of the supervised thing he was looking at.
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

its not a play and break day, more of the supervised thing he was looking at.
                    I did the 'advanced' course run by Landrover which is split as 1 day at Solihull on thier test track (concrete staircase etc) and 1 day in the woods at Eastnor. I still remember all of the do's and dont's quite clearly so probably dont need another tutorial at the 'completely green' level.

What I was after really was a breakdown of the offroading centres within reasonably easy reach of me, from a point of view of whether they're 'easy', 'medium' or 'hard', and the minimum equipment I should take so I dont look like a complete tw@t when people keep having to rescue me

So far, the thread has been fantastically helpful! Keep it up!
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I can't say i've been to any centres near you so i can't tell you what any are like. It might be worth having a browse through the off road centres section of the forum and see if you can find any photos on there, but then you probably already done that.

Might be worth a look through hereand here To see if you can find any local sites or clubs.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Took me a while to find it on the web- but there is another 4x4 training venue which we drove past and found 'accidentally' while out greenlaning in the Cotwolds one day:

http://www.pathfinder4x4.co.uk/contact.html

Located at Moreton-In-The-Marsh Gloucs. I think they use a dissused quarry for the training.

Comment

And another one near Warwick:

http://www.adventuresport.co.uk/

....I found out about this place when I came across the quad bike trails and Landrover tracks in the woods that they use.

Comment

thats a bit steep mate,

This one looks good and isn't too far from me. I'd probably shoot for April as my (12 year old) boy could come along cos he'll be at mine for Easter anyway. I might be away working at Easter, but the 2nd week / weekend would probably be OK.

Anyone else fancy it in April?
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                            X