New road tax / big brother scenario!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New road tax / big brother scenario!

Got emailed this and thought I would let you good people peruse at your leisure:

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Sounds like the governments ploy to scare everyone to thinking this will happen and then bring some lesser policy into power making everyone relax. Either way we will get fcuked
    Kite Surf

Comment

Surely that comes under invasion of privacey.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        Surely that comes under invasion of privacey.
        So does the new child database and medical database, but have they stopped implementing those?

Comment

You CAN opt out of the NHS database, although HMG would much rather you didn't know...

Have a look HERE

Then print off the letter to your GP and do your bit to torpedo another bit of Tony Blair's database state
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Simple answer.

Vote the b*stards out. Dont vote the same govt in consecutively. That way, none of them get the feeling that they can do what they like and remain in power.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
              You CAN opt out of the NHS database, although HMG would much rather you didn't know...

Have a look HERE

Then print off the letter to your GP and do your bit to torpedo another bit of Tony Blair's database state
              Pete should that not read "Then print off the letter to your GP and do your bit to torpedo another bit of 'T Bony liars' database state"

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

hehehe they can do what they like with my records - haven't been to see a GP in more than 20 years.. i dont think we had DNA in them days..
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

You know the whole road pricing thing is such a scam, I can accept that stationary traffic is not good, but no where does it say if traffic is flowing you not gonna get charged. Surely if you're not in a queue, there is no congestion problem, so where is the justicifaction for charging you???????

If there is a tracking bug in my car, am I going to get charged for driving round our fields towing the harrow, or the trailer of horse poo? Or when we're at an offroad site?

Just a scam to claw in more money, nothing more.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    You know the whole road pricing thing is such a scam, I can accept that stationary traffic is not good, but no where does it say if traffic is flowing you not gonna get charged. Surely if you're not in a queue, there is no congestion problem, so where is the justicifaction for charging you???????

If there is a tracking bug in my car, am I going to get charged for driving round our fields towing the harrow, or the trailer of horse poo? Or when we're at an offroad site?

Just a scam to claw in more money, nothing more.
                    would be impossable to inforce...as tony said..how can they distinguish if you on public highway or private land?

Sill Q...whats to stop you leaving the tracker at home

maybe they can implement some sort of tag implant your given at birth....then you could get taxed for all manner of things..tax for walking..more tax if you run...of corse there would be bicycle tax (and tricycle tax for kids)...maybe even if you stay in bed for too long on sunday...you could get charged sleeping tax..

anyone fancy a revolution!?

S
                    sparkz
                    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
                      maybe they can implement some sort of tag implant your given at birth....then you could get taxed for all manner of things..tax for walking..more tax if you run...of corse there would be bicycle tax (and tricycle tax for kids)...maybe even if you stay in bed for too long on sunday...you could get charged sleeping tax..
                      If they go 1 stage further you will have a dilemma - imagine a bonking tax !!!

You couldn't ask for a rebate without loosing face bigtime !!!
                      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                        Pete should that not read "Then print off the letter to your GP and do your bit to torpedo another bit of 'T Bony liars' database state"

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                        I was being polite...
                        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Hey and I thought Tagging was for Criminals !!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't tell when !!!!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
                            Hey and I thought Tagging was for Criminals !!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't tell when !!!!
                            you are not spending all day kissing Bliar's bum, therefore in his eyes you are a criminal !
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
                              would be impossable to inforce...as tony said..

Sill Q...whats to stop you leaving the tracker at home

anyone fancy a revolution!?

S
                              Q. how can they distinguish if you on public highway or private land?

A. Easy. GPS.

Q. whats to stop you leaving the tracker at home

A. Will probably be fitted deep within the car somewhere, like a theft type tracker.

Trackers in Pies. Good diet incentive. Dont fances pie tax bill of £200 a week!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X