Surf Owners Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Owners Club

Apart from this site is there a Surf/4Runner owners club? I see that most other marks seem to have clubs so is there one for us?

If there is could you give the details please.

If there isnt and if there is enouh interest Id be willing to start something along the owners club lines, your views fellow surfers please?

so what would the difference be to an owners club, and this forum? never been a member of an owners club as such, but just assumed it was like this place.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      but just assumed it was like this place.
      This is, and they are.

Comment

ok.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

If there isnt and if there is enouh interest Id be willing to start something along the owners club lines, your views fellow surfers please?[/QUOTE]

Is this not good enough for you?? You can get stickers, and T-Shirts here too you know
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

This forum serves all the requirements ya need for a surf owners club, along with the Aus site, and possibly the USA one, been on a few others and quite frankly this is the best, (arse creep) The worst one i signed up on (to get details of a clock wireing) was the Ford KA owners club, ya could'nt access anything unless ya stumped up some cash, and after all that screwing around our very own Vince supplied me with wireing diagram,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by mystery
              Apart from this site is there a Surf/4Runner owners club? I see that most other marks seem to have clubs so is there one for us?

If there is could you give the details please.

If there isnt and if there is enouh interest Id be willing to start something along the owners club lines, your views fellow surfers please?
              on another note i like your dog!!
              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

ya could'nt access anything unless ya stumped up some cash,
                I think thats a good thing especially as FORUMS cost money to run
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  ya could'nt access anything unless ya stumped up some cash,
                  I think thats a good thing especially as FORUMS cost money to run
                  I totally agree, but i was unable to access even the general chat forum and see what it was like, they wanted about 15quid "up front" before you were allowed anywhere, think thats a bit much,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

The FORUM part is ok but for all the TECH stuff a full membership is a good
                    thing.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                      I totally agree, but i was unable to access even the general chat forum and see what it was like, they wanted about 15quid "up front" before you were allowed anywhere, think thats a bit much,
                      Totally agree with you, Ian.

Jessie,
                      Granted, forums require funding of some form to exist, but no one makes the founder(s) of the site create it. Forums are historically an open sharing system, and whilst it is perfectly normal and feasible to do as this forum does, (and ask for but not require absolutely), a sub to access the site, a forum which does enforce a sub policy before you can use it is not, per se, a forum. It is a database or knowledge base. Arguable point, I know, but................... True forums are generally created due to a passion of someone with regards to a certain subject, not as a fiscal generator.

Also, how does one know whether the sub will be money well spent unless one can have prior knowledge of at least some of the information contained within?

Comment

I used to be involved in the classic car scene and reguarly went to singular manufacturers shows. These were a good social event and a chance to meet like minded people although some were unfortunately very "clicky" and unless your car was just so, you never felt accepted.

This forum, from the short time I have been using it appeals to me far more but it may be good to meet with other members in the area at local shows or rallies. Maybe these could be arranged through this forum. I am aware that many meet at off road centres and I am sure have a great day. Are there any meets for those that don't want to off road but just get together with a common interest?

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                          Are there any meets for those that don't want to off road but just get together with a common interest?
                          Think up something and just pop up a post to ask people who's interested. If anyone wants to attend, you can then arrange it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                            I used to be involved in the classic car scene and reguarly went to singular manufacturers shows. These were a good social event and a chance to meet like minded people although some were unfortunately very "clicky" and unless your car was just so, you never felt accepted.

This forum, from the short time I have been using it appeals to me far more but it may be good to meet with other members in the area at local shows or rallies. Maybe these could be arranged through this forum. I am aware that many meet at off road centres and I am sure have a great day. Are there any meets for those that don't want to off road but just get together with a common interest?

the avalanche weekend being planned is not just for the 4x4 offroad nuts, its a whole family weekend
                            all the family comes along from grandad to grandkids and i have to say they all have a great time and just as many do not do the truck/water and mud bit and have just as good a weekend too
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              [/COLOR]
                              the avalanche weekend being planned is not just for the 4x4 offroad nuts, its a whole family weekend
                              all the family comes along from grandad to grandkids and i have to say they all have a great time and just as many do not do the truck/water and mud bit and have just as good a weekend too
                              This sounds good to me. Might be difficult getting my wife along as she does not share the same interest in cars that I do. Still you never know. Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X