Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a grille like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-L-Reg-TOY...QQcmdZViewItem

Vatch? Made anything like this? If you do, put me on the list for one!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Thats the 3rd one of them I seen in the last few months, must be a aftermarket design in Japan.

Its only 10mm sq thin walled box section, welded to a few uprights made of angle, and a couple of brackets to hold it on. Its a little shoddy around the head lights, as it cant follow the bonnet line as it curves, but all in all they are quite nice.

If you can weld stainless it'd be a doddle to copy.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I cant weld anything!

I reckon it would be nice if it protruded forward an inch of so from the bonnet line and curved in at the ends by the headlights, with a pair of red airhorns visible behind it

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        If you can weld stainless it'd be a doddle to copy.
        I'm having a copper thought again.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

hi andy i havnt as of yet,but if you want one im sure we could come to some arrangement.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

i got a george foreman grill. it's ok.
            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

What are the options regarding material? Ballpark costs etc?

Do you get what I mean when I say it would be nice if it protruded an inch forward of the bonnet line (looking from the top) but curved in at the inner edge of the lights?

Comment

Why does it have crimbo lights in the grill????
                it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Warranty

That's one hell of a warranty he is offering, is he on something?

Comment

could be on the verge of bankruptcy, so will offer anything!
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

i knew someone who had a lifetime warranty on a drill they got!....it went wrong of course...... and the warranty had expired because the Life of the drill was no more!

Comment

Logey
                        could be on the verge of bankruptcy, so will offer anything!

LOL

Comment

What are the options regarding material? Ballpark costs etc?

Do you get what I mean when I say it would be nice if it protruded an inch forward of the bonnet line (looking from the top) but curved in at the inner edge of the lights?
                          its like tony said the best material to use would be thin walled stainless box (very expensive) but an alternative would be mild steel square section with angle uprights,i could make a grid up,using mine as a template then all you would have to do is cut the bar around the head lights and bend them where you want them,otherwise i would need a 2nd gen with the flush fit headlights as a template.price wise i know we have so 10mm square bar at work kicking around somewhere,so propably just the cost of fabbing it up (say around twenty to thirty notes)postage,square bar again very heavy and the whole thing would propably be quite bulky until cut down to fit properly.unless we had a surf train or you want to come and collect.have a think and let me know.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

I want one like this!
                            Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                            X