one i made earlier.i wish!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Would you like 12v lamps or high intensity red LEDs?

Ooh, it's got to be incandesant lamps, they blend together much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Ooh, it's got to be incandesant lamps, they blend together much better.
      I can make LEDs blend with judicious use of capacitors, but if you'd rather have lamps...

Brake light bulbs for clear lenses should do...

I'll check out if we've got the bits I need at work next week, but I'll leave the mounting to you!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I can make LEDs blend with judicious use of capacitors, but if you'd rather have lamps...

I'll check out if we've got the bits I need at work next week, but I'll leave the mounting to you!

I'd better have some of what you're drinking first then!

Comment

I'd better have some of what you're drinking first then!
          I LUV building electrickery stuff. It's what I used to do all the time 10 years ago. Sadly, the job is either paperwork or standing around in cold dark fields watching stuff blow up these days.

Comment

I LUV building electrickery stuff. It's what I used to do all the time 10 years ago. Sadly, the job is either paperwork or standing around in cold dark fields watching stuff blow up these days.

I did a bit in the early eighties when I first started working after leaving school, mainly fault finding and PCB repairs using oscilloscopes and I.C. (silicon chip) data drawings.
            Got bored being stuck in an office all day doing close-up work, so I asked for a transfer to the maintenance dept where I got to drive lorries and forklifts, weld stuff, bend and thread pipes for compressed air, vacuum and steam, maintain engineering machines and injection moulding machines, three phase electrics. Sheet metalwork and fabrication, electric motor and vacuum pump repairs.............

oh happy days!

Comment

I did a bit in the early eighties when I first started working after leaving school, mainly fault finding and PCB repairs using oscilloscopes and I.C. (silicon chip) data drawings.
              Got bored being stuck in an office all day doing close-up work, so I asked for a transfer to the maintenance dept where I got to drive lorries and forklifts, weld stuff, bend and thread pipes for compressed air, vacuum and steam, maintain engineering machines and injection moulding machines, three phase electrics. Sheet metalwork and fabrication, electric motor and vacuum pump repairs.............

oh happy days!
              I know what you mean, <thinks>

Started off repairing amps and tuners for A&R, moved on to a bit of pre and power amp design with them.

Moved from there into design of telemetry systems for unmanned target aircraft, ended up having designed bits of control systems for same. Designed comms systems, aircraft electronics mods etc.

Joined where I am now with a view to doing similar work on more sharp edge systems, and due to changes in the business, just review contractors work and witness contractor testing. Getting dull.

Comment

Won't that make it a tad on the bulky side? (Not nitpicking, BTW).

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Won't that make it a tad on the bulky side? (Not nitpicking, BTW).
                  Thought I'd put the bulbs / LEDs on flying leads so they can be mounted wherever. My preference would be for ultrabright LEDs of the sort you see used in bike lamps. Also makes the circuitry less complex because you dont need high current switching.

Comment

Thought I'd put the bulbs / LEDs on flying leads so they can be mounted wherever. My preference would be for ultrabright LEDs of the sort you see used in bike lamps. Also makes the circuitry less complex because you dont need high current switching.

I'll have the LEDs then, fanx.

Comment

I'll have the LEDs then, fanx.
                      You know it makes sense...

10mm ultrabright look mighty impressive.

Are we going to give your surf a nasal gay voice too?

"Hiiiiiyyyya Michael sweetie"

Comment

You know it makes sense...

10mm ultrabright look mighty impressive.

Are we going to give your surf a nasal gay voice too?

"Hiiiiiyyyya Michael sweetie"

Oh no, maybe a Joanna Lumley voice, or maybe Mariella Fostrupp.

Comment

You like the '80 fags a day' tone then? Uh-oh, we're back to 3rd gen owners again!

Comment

Definitely Joanna (I'd still do her though she's knocking on) Lumley.

Comment

HELLO Whats this?????????????? someone mention LEDs, whats happening then,
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X