i have just jacked in my job as estates manager due to various reasons

question is need to find a job fast just to keep the Pennies coming in
    so what shall i do?
    i thinking about maybe a career change so have you any Idea's please

joke ones will be accepted but do have to find something fairly quick

thanks guys/gals
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Have you got your CV out to the agencies ?

What sort of work are you after ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      Have you got your CV out to the agencies ?

What sort of work are you after ?
      blimmy that was fast trev
      couple agencies have my CV
      and i open to any suggestions as to type of work

only finished with the college yesterday and dust not settled yet, but intend to hit the job centre on monday morning deep joy never had to use one of them places before
      dont suppose there a place someone will pay me to play in the mud with my truck or to go Scuba diving
      Last edited by pops; 6 January 2007, 12:44.
      Pops

Comment

I used to work within the careers service and the advice that we wopuld offer then was to look at two important factors:

Firstly do a skills appraisal. Look at skills and experience that you have, you may not have used these for employment purposes but there may be something there that you could take to a potential employer. It may involve a little re-training to bring these skills up to speed or maybe they need certificating to fall in line with current legislation.

The other of course is how much you need to earn. Jobs are readily available especially through agencies and may only run for short periods. Thjis may offer a "taster" of what the job is about so you are then able to decide whether it is for you.

One of the most important things that I would suggest to you is that it is easier to get a job if you are working than if you are actually registered unemployed. I don't want to sound hard on this but employers usually decide on the candidate that is actually in some kind of position, from my experience, as it shows them that they can get up in the morning so to speak.

Hopefully this helps and good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Comment

You need to sit down and think about your strengths and weaknesses job wise and what you would like to do. Indoors or outdoors? Do you want to be sat in an office or working out in all weathers? Do you want to get into retail or supply?

A lot will also depend on what is available within the region in which you are prepared to travel to achieve your goal. And then you need to have the skills that someone wants because there are now plenty of immigrants out there who can probably offer similar skills but will accept lower wages.
          Mike G

Comment

Pops,

You looking for management or hands on type of work ?

If you got the funds, you could hitting auction houses for bankrupt stock then putting it on fleabay as a stopgap earner - it's an idea that may help.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
              I used to work within the careers service and the advice that we wopuld offer then was to look at two important factors:

Firstly do a skills appraisal. Look at skills and experience that you have, you may not have used these for employment purposes but there may be something there that you could take to a potential employer. It may involve a little re-training to bring these skills up to speed or maybe they need certificating to fall in line with current legislation.

The other of course is how much you need to earn. Jobs are readily available especially through agencies and may only run for short periods. Thjis may offer a "taster" of what the job is about so you are then able to decide whether it is for you.

One of the most important things that I would suggest to you is that it is easier to get a job if you are working than if you are actually registered unemployed. I don't want to sound hard on this but employers usually decide on the candidate that is actually in some kind of position, from my experience, as it shows them that they can get up in the morning so to speak.

Hopefully this helps and good luck with whatever you choose to do.
              sound advise thanks
              i been thinking on those lines
              as for the employers like you to be in work bit personally i think that stinks they can see from my cv i have always been in work and not one of the countrys timewasters
              but hoping i can walk in job centre on monday and get any sort of job just so it gives me time to find something better.
              due to circumstances i just could not remain in the job i had as it was affecting my and my familys life to much. so had to leave
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
                You need to sit down and think about your strengths and weaknesses job wise and what you would like to do. Indoors or outdoors? Do you want to be sat in an office or working out in all weathers? Do you want to get into retail or supply?

A lot will also depend on what is available within the region in which you are prepared to travel to achieve your goal. And then you need to have the skills that someone wants because there are now plenty of immigrants out there who can probably offer similar skills but will accept lower wages.
                You can say that again ....75%of the workers at our place are Polish

Pops try sticking some details in fish4jobs on the net
                www.fish4jobs.co.uk
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  Pops,

You looking for management or hands on type of work ?

If you got the funds, you could hitting auction houses for bankrupt stock then putting it on fleabay as a stopgap earner - it's an idea that may help.

Trev
                  will give management one a miss for now as last job has left a scar so to speak
                  need time to recover and regroup if you get my meaning
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    blimmy that was fast trev
                    couple agencies have my CV
                    and i open to any suggestions as to type of work

only finished with the college yesterday and dust not settled yet, but intend to hit the job centre on monday morning deep joy never had to use one of them places before
                    dont suppose there a place someone will pay me to play in the mud with my truck or to go Scuba diving
                    If you find a job like that let me know preferably some where warm with clear blue waters.

Good luck with the job hunting m8.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

There was a job on here a week or so ago for an off road vehicle tester, can't find the thread now, but someone will know?
                      Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

sell the wife and live lhe life of a playboy batchelor!...
                        she's good at cooking and housework so she's probably worth a bit in the right sale!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Trouble is Pops, in my experience the Jobcentres don't seem to offer any help at all untill you've been off work for 6 months.
                          All you do is go in to the offices to sign for your dole money, they ask you if you've been looking for work and sometimes ask you for evidence of jobs you have applied for, then they tell you to go onto their computer and find something to suit, you can get onto the very same website from home.
                          I'm in a similar situation at the moment I've been off work sick (heart problem) for about 8 months now and it looks like I won't be getting back into manual work so I'm waiting for my employer to make me redundant, but so far no sign.
                          When they finally do I can go to the Jobcentre and ask the to send me on sort of course so that I can get into something less strenuous.

All the best with the search mate and I hope you find something soon.
                          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            sell the wife and live lhe life of a playboy batchelor!...
                            she's good at cooking and housework so she's probably worth a bit in the right sale!
                            now judging by terrie's face
                            YOU ARE IN TROUBLE BIG TIME YOUNG MAN
                            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              now judging by terrie's face
                              YOU ARE IN TROUBLE BIG TIME YOUNG MAN
                              Nothing new there then!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X