• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with buying a surf

hi guys
    i put a post on here a few days ago THINKING OF BUYING A SURF
    well i have decided to go for one 3rd gen will have about 6k to spend
    i have been reading the forum as i do not know alot about 4x4s or imports
    just wondered if any of you guys could come along with me when the time comes to buy i live in york so anywhere in yorkshire
    in the mean time will carry on reading the forum
    cheers bobby

No self respecting 2nd genner would even concider going to look at a 3rd gen,
    (unless there's a bit of money in it, and the windows are blacked out) I'm sure a nice 3rd genner will oblige
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      No self respecting 2nd genner would even concider going to look at a 3rd gen,
      (unless there's a bit of money in it, and the windows are blacked out) I'm sure a nice 3rd genner will oblige
      He might even give you a nice cut and blow dry into the bargain!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Bobby, Did you find your car, i know a nice one thats comming up soon!!! But its in chambridgeshire!!!!!! maybe a bit far!!!

Comment

yeah cambridge a bit to far
          moving house in a couple of weeks so will start looking seriousley in feb
          thanks
          hey guys i will look at any model but replies to my previous post everyone said 3rd gen so why 2nd gen is it just the looks?

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
            why 2nd gen is it just the looks?
            Pretty much, yeah!

Comment

2nd Gens do look better, More functional!!!! But in the Defence of the 3rd Gens they look a bit more road based and dont look like they will rape the family car parked next to it in tesco's LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Toylux
                2nd Gens do look better, More functional!!!! But in the Defence of the 3rd Gens they look a bit more road based and dont look like they will rape the family car parked next to it in tesco's LOL
                I believe you get a more advanced 4wd system with the 3rd gen, and where you have a jack under the read seat on the 2nd gen, you get a 3 speed dryer with diffuser, tongs and perm lotion on the 3rd gen.

Comment

Bobby

If your'e thinking of going down the dealer route there's Autoserv in Selby (sorry, don't know the number) and Key Kars in Thorne, nr Doncaster (ask for Mark).

Both do surfs and are well recommended (got mine from key kars)

hope this helps

hawaii
                  I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Ill vouch for Keycars, and yes ask for mark he seems to be the most helpfull,

Comment

Working...
                    X