What a start to the New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a start to the New Year

It couldnt get much worse First my electrical problem Now got up this morning and the gales had lifted the top off the pond filter and as the water recirculates through the lid it had emptied the pond (25483 litres) So today will be spent sifting through dead fish and recoupoing what I can Sheesh I hope this isnt a sign of whats to come. I sincerely hope you all have a better one.
    Happy new year.
    Trust your Hound.

Sorry to hear about your pond.
    We had a similar problem last summer when father-in-law cleaned out the filters and forgot to check the tightness of the jubilee clips on the pipes.
    One popped during the night and pumped the best part of 14,000 gallons onto the lawn and patio. A lot ran back into the pond under the liner which started to float in places making shallow mini pools that kept the fish damp.
    Luckily we only lost one fish - not bad considering there were probably 60 fish in the pond, including some koi about 18 inches long.
    I hope you are as lucky!
    Keith

Comment

sorry to hear about your pond.Iwould be as gutted as you are if that happened to mine.Im bad enough if i find a dead fish or have to knock one on the head
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Tell me about it! Nowhere near as bad as yours, but came home absolutely bladdered and passed out on the bed only to wake up a few few hours later to find I had blown chunks all over my brand new leather flying jacket!!!!!!!

I'm gutted, this thing cost a good few quid and I now think it's ruined. My missus ain't to happy and I'm still feeling ill today. Thats what I get for letting people pour me neat Southern Comforts. Why is it they think they're doing you a favour by giving you a six to eight times measure of neat spirit? And yes I should of known better but I was plastered (first time in God knows how many years that I've been that bad!)

Never again though.
        Last edited by Scorpion; 2 January 2007, 23:11.
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

sorry to hear about fish had similiar problems last sept came home after clearing an uncles house out pond had about 6 inches left in it lost 5 big orfe managed to save others with a straw to resusutate still dont know were all the water went hope you have agood 07 now the bad luck is out of the way

Comment

sorry about your fish mate , i had a heron two years ago killed twenty koi and last year had a fence panel blow into the pond and kill on 14" koi.
            john..
            i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Working...
            X