Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to kill a Jag engine....

....drive through a deep ford at speed.

.....shortly after the last photo it coughed and spluttered to a halt. Luckily it was only damp electrics.

I pulled three other cars (all Peugeot diesels) from the floods today and made £45 towing them home.

Two points of note- never buy a French car- the air intake is BELOW the front FOGLIGHT- they will suck in water if it's only 6" deep!! These cars also have really poor towing eyes which mean you have to grovel around on hands and knees in freezing water find them.

lesson to be learnt here - give them the end of the tow rope and let them crawl on their hands and knees
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I was really annoyed yesterday - we had a great flood in the middle of Corby and the police got there and shut the road before I had a chance to play
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

It was very good of you to recover them but you shouldn't have sawn 3Ft off of the depth indicator post and laid in wait!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          It was very good of you to recover them but you shouldn't have sawn 3Ft off of the depth indicator post and laid in wait!

Comment

i splashed a couple who were trying to save their house from flooding!!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              i splashed a couple who were trying to save their house from flooding!!

You got a mean streak in you Matt
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                You got a mean streak in you Matt
                well, they shouldn't have been stood out in the road trying to build a dam out of bits of wood!...

Comment

found a new RS4 stopped on the exit ramp to my local ford...

Still dripping but no driver to be seen...

boy that is going to be expensive...

Comment

Why do they do it? I know people really can be that stupid, but you'd think they'd learn at some point.

Comment

at the moment, when I go through it comes over the bonnet... what chance did he stand... muppet.

did make me snigger though...

Comment

@ andyLala are you a true Cartertonian or just living there. I was a Carterton man until I escaped to Cornwall.

Comment

nope... I moved here just over a year ago... should have done it ages ago... wouldn't be anywhere else, except Brecon, Waikiki, or maybe Barcelona...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                            nope... I moved here just over a year ago... should have done it ages ago... wouldn't be anywhere else, except Brecon, Waikiki, or maybe Barcelona...
                            carterton?... really??

what's the attraction?... just for plane spotting?

i've not been there much, (just deliveries) but it's a typical forces town by the looks of it?

Edit... don't mean that to sound bad...
                            Last edited by da SLUG man; 4 January 2007, 13:59.

Comment

not a bad thing... everyone is well behaved... and we now have some space to breath... and the traffic is awesome, specially when there is an air show on in the area, 'cos they stage out of Brize...

and its almost half way between birmingham and london... so traffic is much easier...

Comment

Working...
                              X