Toyota Diesel.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Diesel.com

Just been looking at this site, the first thread is all about wanting diesel powered toys but not available in US/Can.

I can't see why they would want low powered diesel engines when they have the big V8's etc. and their fuel is so cheap?

I'd rather have a V6 or V8 if I could afford to run it!

Anyway you can get 6.2 litre V8 diesel engines that fit into series 3 landy's, so they sould do a conversion to toys.

The only drawback is cost!
    Rob

Still working for the man!

generally get more torque at lower revs from a diesel...

erm... i think.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I think alot to do with the Canada question is the fact it goes down to -50 in the winter. I quite fancy this one. If I get to Canada I'm going to look at buying one of these, second hand though!!!

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObje...421000e%2ehtml

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        generally get more torque at lower revs from a diesel...

erm... i think.

Yup, diesels are plodders, rather than screamers but get the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
          I can't see why they would want low powered diesel engines when they have the big V8's etc. and their fuel is so cheap?
          Because some of them have common sense and prefer reliability and straight
          forward grunt to excessive speed and 20 miles per tank mileage.

Comment

I've always prefered diesels, and as I said there are conversions on the market that give massive grunt ( 6.2ltr V8 diesel) or they could fit almost any engine to a surf.
            There are some people ( no names mentioned ) who fit V8 rover engines to surfs. So anything is possible!
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

just because gas is cheaper here, doesnt mean everyone has tons of cash to burn at the pump!
              It's all relative I guess.

oh and those big turbo diesel V8's pickups are EXPENSIVE!!! Most ppl who drive those kinds of trucks around, never even see the trail. After dropping $60,000 on one of those bad boys, who can blame them? Besides, they're so pretty! LOL! I've also seen these same guys pull up to a pump and drop over $100 to fill a tank, just to get another 400km!

Personally I'd much rather something that I can take on the trail, that is manoeuverable unlike those beasts are, and have just fun with it.
              Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Working...
              X