Imobiliser for insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imobiliser for insurance

Hi, just bought a 2.4 surf and my insurance company (Churchill) tell me I have to have an approved immobiliser or they cant insure me, is this a normal requirement or should I try another company?

Originally posted by krill
    Hi, just bought a 2.4 surf and my insurance company (Churchill) tell me I have to have an approved immobiliser or they cant insure me, is this a normal requirement or should I try another company?
    have a look around you don't need any alarm with Lifesure
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

its a usual requirement... a few don't ask, but most do... a lot will want a cat1 alarm

cat2 immobiliser is only £80 for a basic one
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

if you can afford it dont go for the basic cos the key fob is really annoying, if you go top end they can plumb your central locking into it too!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
          if you can afford it dont go for the basic cos the key fob is really annoying, if you go top end they can plumb your central locking into it too!
          it all depends what make you go for... they all use different fobs

can't see how or why an immobiliser would control the central locking..
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'm fully comp with direct line, and they said they will not insure for theft until I get a cat 1 immobilizer fitted but still insure for everything else.

Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I can second Lifesure. They don't require either an alarm or Immobiliser for Surfs, but do for Pajeros.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                I can second Lifesure. They don't require either an alarm or Immobiliser for Surfs, but do for Pajeros.

Thats coz the pikeys like to nick em!
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Yep, Lifesure. They are cheap and don't require immobiliser.

Comment

It's pretty normal for any jap import, there are some companies that don't need one. IMO it's worth doing anyway, it makes it a hell of a lot harder to nick yer surf if it's fitted properly, should have three points of immobilisation, and if you go to get it done and they got scotchlok connectors in hand go somewhere else. If the cut's are discrete and well done it'll slow even the most determined and professional thief down.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Don't require either with my Insurance ( Frizzell ) Liverpool Victoria.....
                      I got me own devices !!!!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see em Comin !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X