Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Help Please

Hello everyone,

i`know there`s quite a few pc boffins out there who might be able to help.

When i`m on the tinterweb and want to watch a video clip, from lets say the BBC`s website,After i`ve clicked the button i lose my internet connection, everything shuts down and i end up at my normal desktop.

I`m useing AOL, and i know alot of people hate them but i`ve had 6 years or so of problem free surfing up to now.I don`t get any junkmail,no popups or anything so i`ve been more than happy.
    The AOL software than re-connects, and tells you why it shut down,Part of the message i get is-

ERROR C0000005 occured in module quartz.dll at address 7484155D

There`s another 5 lines but it won`t let me copy and paste any of it

Any help please

thanks
    Stella Artois

That's an access violation code, meaning there are hardware conflicts somewhere.
    Go to the Device Manager and check for conflicts.
    Click on - Control Panel,
    > System
    > Hardware
    > Device Manager.
    Open all the devices by clicking on the + signs. Look for any yellow question marks.

Comment

it's probably the 07 bug... mine's been going doo-lally today!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Try this to check for system errors....

http://www.errorkiller.com/index.php...FSdrMAod-EtRAQ

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys

i`ve opened all the devices in the device manager and found no question marks.

then tried to run that eurokiller program. After it ran for about 30 seconds everything just froze and a small window opened saying there`s been a problem, do you want to de-bug and do you want to report the problem
          Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
            Hello everyone,

i`know there`s quite a few pc boffins out there who might be able to help.

When i`m on the tinterweb and want to watch a video clip, from lets say the BBC`s website,After i`ve clicked the button i lose my internet connection, everything shuts down and i end up at my normal desktop.

I`m useing AOL, and i know alot of people hate them but i`ve had 6 years or so of problem free surfing up to now.I don`t get any junkmail,no popups or anything so i`ve been more than happy.
            The AOL software than re-connects, and tells you why it shut down,Part of the message i get is-

ERROR C0000005 occured in module quartz.dll at address 7484155D

There`s another 5 lines but it won`t let me copy and paste any of it

Any help please

thanks

See if theres any more information in the Windows Event Viewer.
            Click on the start button on the Taskbar
            Select Run
            Type in eventvwr and click on ok
            Check each entry [application, system and so on]
            If there make a note of the Source, Category and Event ID
            If you can get to microsofts Technet website any other way.
            http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sup..._advanced.aspx

put in the apploication, event id or other errors found for a possible response and resolution
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
              See if theres any more information in the Windows Event Viewer.
              Click on the start button on the Taskbar
              Select Run
              Type in eventvwr and click on ok
              Check each entry [application, system and so on]
              If there make a note of the Source, Category and Event ID
              If you can get to microsofts Technet website any other way.
              http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sup..._advanced.aspx

put in the apploication, event id or other errors found for a possible response and resolution
              Just been having a bit of a mess and , are there ment to be so many error messages.

I went through the microsoft link, it suggested some downloads to try,But because i got my windows xp from lets say an alternative source ,it won`t accept the registration details of my software
              I`ve had a similar problem before when i once clicked on a automatic update button,Microsoft spat the dummey out because it did`nt like the software i was running

gonna have to try something else me thinks
              Stella Artois

Comment

What version of windows are you using? I take it you are on XP? is it service packed to the latest version?
                What media player are you using (although you are running the video via a browser it will still use a media player).

What browser are you running? If you right click the file and "save as" and the try to run the file directly with the media player does the PC shut down still?

I will have a look at this for you if you like although my days in IT are no more. If you do, could you send me the following files:

Start > Run type msinfo32 and hit return. Save me this file as a .NFO file and send it to me. I will also need your even logs on the .EVT format. Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer
                Click on the System logs and save file as (making sure the file is the .EVT format). You will need to do this on the Aplication logs too.

I still have access to the MSDN network in Microsoft so I wil help you as much as I can... (I like to keep my hand into things like this.... )

Good luck.

Oh yeah. email is bujxh13@hotmail.com
                -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

quartz.dll is used by Windows when using DirectX, have you tried updating or reinstalling DirectX or replacing the quartz.dll file???
                  [I][B]96 3rd Gen in bluuuueeeee[/B]I]

Comment

Working...
                  X