Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joedude
    that's not a bad price!

A Buddy of mine is moving to Moosejaw in March. I've been there, and I tell ya, there would have to be alot in it for me to move there!

Hope it works out for ya!

Cheers dude.

I'm hoping it's going to work out too. There are a lot of people thinking about it. I want to go to the Kamloops terminal in British Columbia, but they aren't taking any drivers on at the moment at that terminal. So the idea is to get over there then transfer when they have a slot.

I've also applied to a company called Big Freight Systems near you, based in Steinbach. Have you heard anything about this company? They seem a little on the slow side when it comes to communication, which is giving me some doubts regarding them.

What sort of price will I be looking at for a decent (say 5yr old truck) truck in Canada? I'm not really fussed what it is, Dodge, Ford, Chevvy, Toyota etc as long as it's a fairly new one. It's got to be 4X4 though due to the long winters.

Oh, and if you think you guys party, then you can't have been to a large English town on a Friday night, even the women here drink until they are unconsious
    Last edited by M35A2; 2 January 2007, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Christ, I'm drooling. All that potential shed and garage space.

That was just an example. There are loads of places that have land with them. Most seem to have a double garage, but the Canadian idea of a double garage seems to be the size of a barn. Most seem to be insulated and heated which is great as I can keep my truck nice and warm over the winter!!

It does make you sick when you see the prices though, doesn't it? I think it's going to be interesting driving a road train in the depths of winter though. My parents are on about coming over for a white Christmas already, and I haven't even got a job there yet

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        That was just an example. There are loads of places that have land with them. Most seem to have a double garage, but the Canadian idea of a double garage seems to be the size of a barn. Most seem to be insulated and heated which is great as I can keep my truck nice and warm over the winter!!

It does make you sick when you see the prices though, doesn't it?
        It surely does. You'd be pushed trying to get a little terrace over here for that money the way things are going.

I think it's going to be interesting driving a road train in the depths of winter though. My parents are on about coming over for a white Christmas already, and I haven't even got a job there yet
        So, there's no pressure then.

Comment

Here is one for £70,000 and 3 acres!!!
          Just remember, they work in Canadian Acres... they're roughly equivalent to 2.7 US Gallons, or 10 pints, depending on lager strength.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            Just remember, they work in Canadian Acres... they're roughly equivalent to 2.7 US Gallons, or 10 pints, depending on lager strength.

Sluggy, am I missing something? But you've lost me!!

Comment

Sluggy, am I missing something? But you've lost me!!
              nah... i'm working nights so in a daze first day back!

Comment

Cheers dude.

I'm hoping it's going to work out too. There are a lot of people thinking about it. I want to go to the Kamloops terminal in British Columbia, but they aren't taking any drivers on at the moment at that terminal. So the idea is to get over there then transfer when they have a slot.

I've also applied to a company called Big Freight Systems near you, based in Steinbach. Have you heard anything about this company? They seem a little on the slow side when it comes to communication, which is giving me some doubts regarding them.

What sort of price will I be looking at for a decent (say 5yr old truck) truck in Canada? I'm not really fussed what it is, Dodge, Ford, Chevvy, Toyota etc as long as it's a fairly new one. It's got to be 4X4 though due to the long winters.

Oh, and if you think you guys party, then you can't have been to a large English town on a Friday night, even the women here drink until they are unconsious

You mean there's somewhere on this planet where the women don't drink until they're unconcious??? hmm strange! How do the guys get laid???

Anyways, Steinbach is just on the outskirts of here (Winnipeg). I can't say that I've heard of that company - cause I'm not in the industry... but I'll see what I can find out.

As for a vehicle... check the Auto Trader and you should be able to find any used vehicle you desire (there's even the odd Hilux on there!) Oh and if what you want is another hilux... there's 2 dealers here: Coyote Cars which is based here in Winnipeg, and The Garage Auto Sales which is in Winkler (about an hours drive south of the city limits) and for some reason their website isn't coming up!?

Anything I can do to help man... you let me know!
                Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

You mean there's somewhere on this planet where the women don't drink until they're unconcious??? hmm strange! How do the guys get laid???
                  By utilising straight jackets, rope and mallets. (So I've heard).

Comment

By utilising straight jackets, rope and mallets. (So I've heard).

LOL... time to cross over to the land of opportunity my son!

repeat after me... Ahem.... "Nice shoes... Let's F**k"

LOL... actually... That's a lie, you have to buy her a drink first and also get someone to distract her 'Jabba the Hut' looking friend... THEN you're in business!

Comment

repeat after me... Ahem.... "Nice shoes... Let's F**k"
                      I'll give it two days before someone on here says they got a slap trying that line, (and they will).

LOL... actually... That's a lie, you have to buy her a drink first and also get someone to distract her 'Jabba the Hut' looking friend... THEN you're in business!
                      Some things are exactly the same wherever you go then. Why do they always have a friend that could make a rock troll appear feminine?

Comment

I'll give it two days before someone on here says they got a slap trying that line, (and they will).
                        cough!

better that my usual one!
                        "you don't sweat much for a fat bird"

Comment

cough!

You cad, you.

Comment

cough!

any fat bird should be grateful that they even get the chance...aint that right Matt?

(strange how it never quite works like that though)
                            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Anyways, Steinbach is just on the outskirts of here (Winnipeg). I can't say that I've heard of that company - cause I'm not in the industry... but I'll see what I can find out.

As for a vehicle... check the Auto Trader and you should be able to find any used vehicle you desire (there's even the odd Hilux on there!) Oh and if what you want is another hilux... there's 2 dealers here: Coyote Cars which is based here in Winnipeg, and The Garage Auto Sales which is in Winkler (about an hours drive south of the city limits) and for some reason their website isn't coming up!?

Anything I can do to help man... you let me know!

Wow, nice truck. This will do me nicely. 5.3 V8

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...9&pgno=6&srt=1

Do you mean to say you have to get all the chicks in Canada bladdered before they will open up??? Just like here then. Mind you, I've heard they are partial to an English accent, so LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS!!!

Can you tell me what the procedure is regarding buying a house, how does it work???

I can't afford one here as they are VERY expensive. I've heard that you can make an offer on a house in Canada, and it's virtually yours there and then???

Over here, you can make an offer, wait months, get an engineers survey done (at your expence), virtually hand over the cash, then the seller can pull out and go with a better offer leaving you in the sh*t big time!!! Does this happen in Canada???

Comment

Wow, nice truck. This will do me nicely. 5.3 V8

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...9&pgno=6&srt=1

Do you mean to say you have to get all the chicks in Canada bladdered before they will open up??? Just like here then. Mind you, I've heard they are partial to an English accent, so LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS!!!

Can you tell me what the procedure is regarding buying a house, how does it work???

I can't afford one here as they are VERY expensive. I've heard that you can make an offer on a house in Canada, and it's virtually yours there and then???

Over here, you can make an offer, wait months, get an engineers survey done (at your expence), virtually hand over the cash, then the seller can pull out and go with a better offer leaving you in the sh*t big time!!! Does this happen in Canada???

That's a nice Sierra man... Love those trucks.

As for the house thing... I guess it all depends on where you are. The market goes either way. But for the most part, once a deal is done... its done. The house is shown and you can bring in your home inspector as you want (That'll costs you about $300) and if you want the house you place a bid, if it's accepted (if you're the highest bidder that is) you settle on a posession date and you're done!

Pretty standard I guess... asside from the bull it seems you guys have to put up with.

Comment

Working...
                                X