dodgy steering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodgy steering!

I have a bit of a problem i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on for me!!
    After Salisbury plains which was fantastic fun ive noticed my steering near full lock left and right fights back!
    I can turn the wheel nearly all the way an then it stops and wants to go no further, but then it will go a bit further, an so on an so on! Ive looked under the front and all i can see is lil bits of grass! ive pulled out what i can but its still not right!
    Am i missing something? or have i bugg3rd somet up??
    Thanks!!

I hope you haven't been using 4WD on the road!!!!

Comment

No that was one thing i remembered that i shouldnt do, so i had that off as soon as i was off the mud!

Comment

Power steering belt loose or fluid low?

Comment

the steering is still very smooth though just as long as its not near full lock...its making parking a damn workout!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            the steering is still very smooth though just as long as its not near full lock...its making parking a damn workout!
            Did you reverse after turning off 4wd
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i honestly cant remember, not that im aware, i didnt really do much reversing. could that damage it then?

Comment

Please oh learned ones corect me if i am wrong.........
                As far as i am aware after using 4wd to fulluy disengage the autolockers you must reverse otherwise they stay engaged
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  Please oh learned ones corect me if i am wrong.........
                  As far as i am aware after using 4wd to fulluy disengage the autolockers you must reverse otherwise they stay engaged

That's mainly the 3rd gens that have that problem. The 2nd gens just need to release the throttle and then press to release the ADD.

Comment

Working...
                  X