hilux upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux upgrade

Hi, does anyone know anything about this upgrade at www.northern4x4centre.co.uk?

Jacqueline

Looks like another version along the lines of a BobBox.

No prices though.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sounds like (yet another!) poor mans alternative to a proper ECU remap.

From what I've been able to find out, you basically either modify the signals the existing ECU sees and fool it into modifying it's outputs, or modify the outputs from the ECU.

Cant help thinking it would be more satisfactory to remap the Toyota ECU properly to whatever compromise between power / fuel consumption you require.

It would be worth asking these people (and the producer of the b0ll0x, or whatever it's called) if this device will invalidate a warranty. I bet you my last christmas choc it will.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        Sounds like (yet another!) poor mans alternative to a proper ECU remap.

From what I've been able to find out, you basically either modify the signals the existing ECU sees and fool it into modifying it's outputs, or modify the outputs from the ECU.

Cant help thinking it would be more satisfactory to remap the Toyota ECU properly to whatever compromise between power / fuel consumption you require.

It would be worth asking these people (and the producer of the b0ll0x, or whatever it's called) if this device will invalidate a warranty. I bet you my last christmas choc it will.

What flavour is it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          What flavour is it?
          LOL
          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Working...
          X