Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first one!

Hi,

Thought I'd drop a note to say thanks and hello. Ive lurked for a few weeks reading bits and bobs whilst looking for a decent surf, and I finally took the plunge and bought one.

Managed to find a '95 3.0TDI SSRG with recaro seats, CD, cruise, cat 1 alarm, A bar, spots, Etc......65K miles............drove it yesterday for the first time and was completely blown away, smooth, really comfy and great driving position.

Pick it up on Saturday.............boy its going to be a long week! Ill post some pics when I finally get it.

Please let me know if anyone is local to Bristol, and where you get yours serviced,

Cheers,

Craig
    [center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver][/color][/font][/i][/b] [/center][center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver]"THE WIFE'S LITTLE RUN AROUND" - '95 3.0TD SSRG, DARK BLUE[/color][/font][/i][/b][/center][center][b][/b][/center][center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#c0c0c0][i]I ONLY GET TO PLAY AT WEEKENDS.......LIFE'S NOT FAIR![/i][/color][/font][/center]

Originally posted by Raven
    Hi,

Thought I'd drop a note to say thanks and hello. Ive lurked for a few weeks reading bits and bobs whilst looking for a decent surf, and I finally took the plunge and bought one.

Managed to find a '95 3.0TDI SSRG with recaro seats, CD, cruise, cat 1 alarm, A bar, spots, Etc......65K miles............drove it yesterday for the first time and was completely blown away, smooth, really comfy and great driving position.

Pick it up on Saturday.............boy its going to be a long week! Ill post some pics when I finally get it.

Please let me know if anyone is local to Bristol, and where you get yours serviced,

Cheers,

Craig
    Congratulations Craig! And welcome to the wonderful world of the surf! Looking forward to seeing the pics!!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hi raven, still waiting for mine but check out this link, they're in Bristol. BTW That's where I pick mine up when it arrives from Japan. maybe we could grab a coffee at gordano services?

http://www.toyotahilux.com/

Cheers
      Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

hello raven
        i'm a newbie and in bristol too...
        would be interested in finding a recommended mechanic to service my truck
        can i be nosey and ask what you paid for yours?
        NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
        'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Hey peeps.
          Another Bristol newbie here!

Bought my 94 SSR-X in september. I'm staring out the window waiting for the snow to come. So far i've only used the 4wd on the beach at Weston.

I too would like to know if anyone has found a good mechanic in Bristol who knows about surfs?

I don't know if Roughtrax do servicing i'll have to ask. I popped in briefly a couple of months ago looking for a new window after some little scroat broke into mine. They didnt stock windows but the guy there was very helpful.

Spent all day friday taking the dodgy purple decals off the side. Looks tons better without it!

Surfs rule, can't wait to buy another one!

Comment

yes-waiting for the snow to come!
            thats 4 bods in bristol now!-let us know if rough trax do servicing
            to be honest though i'm not even sure how often it needs to be done-as i said mechanics aren't my thing-yet!
            it would be good to find a one off local mechanic though that you can trust though!
            someone must know one

Comment

blue

noggin you got a nice electric blue one TOP MAN
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

I'm not in Bristol but not a million miles away in Glastonbury. Mine goes to Avalon Tyres in Glastonbury who are happy to work on Surfs and who were great throughout all the head troubles, even going to the point of finding out all about Surfs and head related issues. Been running fine ever since.

Richard.

Comment

I think you have the makings of a West country chapter.

The Avon, Devon and Cornwall Mafia.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Ace Piker,

I am sure the soon to be formed West Country/Bristol Chapter could rally a few of us to welcome your truck into the UK

Let us know when its arriving and we'll organise a cofee for you, and a drenching in rough cider for the cab

Cheers,

Craig
                    Last edited by Raven; 27 January 2004, 17:26.
                    [center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver][/color][/font][/i][/b] [/center][center][b][i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=silver]"THE WIFE'S LITTLE RUN AROUND" - '95 3.0TD SSRG, DARK BLUE[/color][/font][/i][/b][/center][center][b][/b][/center][center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#c0c0c0][i]I ONLY GET TO PLAY AT WEEKENDS.......LIFE'S NOT FAIR![/i][/color][/font][/center]

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                      Hi Ace Piker,

I am sure the soon to be formed West Country/Bristol Chapter could rally a few of us to welcome your truck into the UK

Let us know when its arriving and we'll organise a cofee for you, and a drenching in rough cider for the cab

Cheers,

Craig
                      West country possie rulez! w00t
                      2 Tone Mud Master!
                      http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
                        Hi raven, still waiting for mine but check out this link, they're in Bristol. BTW That's where I pick mine up when it arrives from Japan. maybe we could grab a coffee at gordano services?

http://www.toyotahilux.com/

Cheers
                        Yo big up to the BRISTOL chapter the above link is for ROUGHTRAX in Keyensham. The guys name is Baz and he is a good lad, very knowlageable and helpful.His mail order prices are good and delivery is quick.
                        If you see him give him my regards, if he looks blank at you just say the bloke with the big blue DAF who changed his Shock and springs on his 1st gen.(he might remember)

sumo (DA SOLID SUFFOLK CREW)
                        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

thanks

thanks rcutter et al
                          will give roughtrax a try-only coz its a bit nearer

so-to the newly formed bristol chapter
                          any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Noggin, I got a blue one too and I live just the other side of the Severn bridge. Does that extend your chapter
                            Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Will do, if I were'nt driving I might fight thecab for the cider!

Look forward to it

Cheers
                              Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X