yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salisbury, lovely mud, not so lovely overheating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

Hey TonyN, I'm with Joker - what's the point of deep wet mud if not for covering the roof of the car! Your own or the car in front
    Hey, its up to you, You lot are bitchin' about rads being clogged with mud and having to go slow!

We drove home at stupid MPH, even up the hills, and the temp guage never moved, and I'll be doing something more fun than unbolting the bumper and cleaning the rad this weekend.

Seriously, I'm over all that, after 20 years of offroading it take more than splashing in a puddle to entertain me, I prefer cruising around the plains looking at the scenery and letting the truck amble along in its own time.

Offroad sites are for going silly, byways are for getting out into the country and enjoying it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
      Thats why i did it mainly in two wheel drive .....To cover the car behind
      and that was Shaun mostly...lol
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        and that was Shaun mostly...lol
        i wondered why he was hanging back
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Tony can you give the full answer as i don,t know third gens
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...&postcount=337
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Hey, its up to you, You lot are bitchin' about rads being clogged with mud and having to go slow!

We drove home at stupid MPH, even up the hills, and the temp guage never moved, and I'll be doing something more fun than unbolting the bumper and cleaning the rad this weekend.
            Like fitting the bullet with two matching diffs so you can use 4wd?

As said before its very easy to sh@g the vac pump! I've done 2, Gav done one, cheap enough to repair, just means getting home with no brakes!
            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I must be doing something wrong here. I haven't touched my rad yet, and cruised home at 65-80, nice and smooth.
              Brake pedal is a bit long thou (might be removeing rear drums, and cleaning disc vents this weekend).
              Got a brillient excuse for not washing her, my sisters borrowed the pressure washer, last time she borrowed it, it took me three months to get it back!
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Sounds like some of you lot were lucky, after some mud plugging a while back I attempted to drive home normally and didn't notice the temp gauge needle until the truck stood on it's nose and blew plumes of smoke out the back... by then it was a little late TonyN can vouch for the damage I did which included holing a piston (now my most expensive ash tray for smoking guests!!!) - a definite case of "I broke it, he fixed it"!
                Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Working...
                X