Is she gonna make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is she gonna make it?

So im finally off to go shooting in Wales . Learnt today that we need to have 4wds on the second day, so the surf is going on its first long journey with me at the helm!
    The trip from our house in Suffolk to Welshpool is around 230miles making about 4 hrs driving.
    As a 2.4 owner the age old question is, will she make or will she blow her top?

course she will (just make sure you have checked all the fluids first!!)

Good luck and enjoy your shoot cant wait to get my surf out on the fields with my rifle
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I go shooting down the borders twice a month in the Surf, aprox 240 miles each time and never any problems. Like the man said check yer levels and fit a new rad cap.

Comment

Ahh yes forgot about the rad cap. Cheers boys, its going to be my first time shooting these high birds so the last thing i need is added pressure from my truck! CANT WAIT!!!

Comment

Good luck on the high ones, its great to be tested! My next day is the 2nd up near Aviemore and it has some screamers.......

First time for my Surf too, bit anxious about the river crossing to the 3rd drive.....

Enjoy the sport!

Dave

Comment

I hope we have a day like my dad did the other day when he went to Bleasdale in lancashire(i think). 1st drive lasted 1 1/2 hours the keeper wanted them to shoot about 100 they got 160 on that drive! and thats with the guns being selective. When they met up the keeper said that he stoped the drive when he thought they should have got 100 but he could have still been doing that drive for another hour!

Comment

my 2.4 hasnt given me an probs and it has regulary gone from london to wales and back in the last year without any issues at all. most of the time im doing 80 in it too.

just make sure it has oil and water and you'll be fine!
              I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

I reguarly travel long distances in my 2-4 and apart from the odd puncture it has never let me down Hope I'm not tempting fate here but I am confident that it will get me where I have to go. I've travelled from Essex to Blackpool and Essex to Newcastle and it has not missed a beat. I think that regular servicing and in particular oil changes help. But it really all falls down to how the vehicle was treated in the early part of its life. The Japanese, I understand are very careful on the cosmetics of their vehicles but not so on the mechanical upkeep and maintenance. Unfortunately Toyota's reliability and indeed the strength of the hi-lux are maybe its Achiles heal as knowing that they will tolerate harsh treatment and even lack of care in the mechanicals it is the buyer of the grey import that then suffers later in its life. I suspect that this is why it is nigh on impossible to obtain any service history for grey imports i.e. it does just not exist.

However, enjoy your drive and like anything else if you can belong to one of the rescue services. Even if they cannot fix it they will deliver it home.

Comment

Working...
                X