Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video

Does anyone out there know how to tune in a video recorder, remember them? I bought my mum one of these for christmas and am having difficulty tuning it into the tv. I am able to play videos ok but when you then stop the tape all that I see on the tv is a blue screen, not even a snowy picture. The instructions are not clear or it may be just me. It is connected by scart and I thought that this was to eliminate any tuning. The signal to tv for normal programmes is telewest cable. Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Have you tried the AV/TV button on the remote?

Comment

The scart eliminates having to tune the TV to the vcr. You still have to tune
      the channels into the vcr for recording purposes. What make of video?

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your replies. The video is not a well known make as it was purchased from Tesco's and I think it is made exclusively for them.

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
          Thanks to both of you for your replies. The video is not a well known make as it was purchased from Tesco's and I think it is made exclusively for them.
          Go into the menu and look for channel preset or channel tuning. Badged and
          made are two very different things, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            Go into the menu and look for channel preset or channel tuning. Badged and
            made are two very different things, BTW.

Spelt differently too!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Spelt differently too!

Comment

I dunno but is'nt there a little switch on the back of the vcr, you flick it to tune (black and white bars)and then look through the channels to find the channel required , usually 6. something like that anyway

Comment

Originally posted by gillcover
                  I dunno but is'nt there a little switch on the back of the vcr, you flick it to tune (black and white bars)and then look through the channels to find the channel required , usually 6. something like that anyway
                  I remember doing this years ago when things were a little easier to use. nothing so simple now, thanks for suggestion anyway.

Comment

Even though it's connected by scart you still need the tv aerial looped through the vcr in order to record tv programmes.
                    Aerial into vcr, out of vcr via male to female lead normally supplied and into tv.
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by gillcover
                      Not these days. You usually press and hold stop/power/ch up/down for several
                      seconds with most. Others vary, but they tend to be the favourite methods.
                      With the scart, however, that part isn't necessary. It's the rf tuning of the
                      vcr channels that matters. The blue screen he has is down to the mute circuit.
                      That kicks in when no signal is present, to avoid the blurting static that you
                      used to get with older kit.

Comment

Working...
                      X