Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo timer?

the point to this is?

just found one on the new motor, it works perfectly well, but i'll leave it switched off as can't see the point to it as i normally let the turbo have chance to cool down after use anyway.

question for the clever people though...if i leave surf in gear, with timer turned on, will it all go pete tong, or will timer recognise this and automatically disable itself?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

They generally have a connection that has to be connected to the park
    position switch.

Comment

mine's a manual...ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        mine's a manual...ideas?
        Don't leave it in gear? What type is it, the turbo timer?

Comment

BeTime ? i think thats what it's called.

i doubt i'll use it, but i always park and leave in gear as a habit, so would be handy to know whether it would spell disaster or not. i'll just have to give it a go and see!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            They generally have a connection that has to be connected to the park
            position switch.
            Its manual so I would recommend leaving it in Neutral.
            I would also recommend taking it out as its illegal in this country to leave a car running while not being in it.
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

it's not harming me where it is so i'll leave it in place. i only tried it out to see if it works, which it does, but i'll not be using it.

are they something the boy racers would pay decent money for? if so, i may ebay it.

Comment

Dont think they fetch much on ebay, i got a Greddy timer on there a while back for about 25 quid, had it on for about a month untill the novelty wore off, now leave it switched off, the light's in it are nice though
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Leave it connected, if you ever go down the proper way of running 100% veg oil, with 2 tanks and starting and stopping it on derv its a good way of purging the veg from the system without hanging a round sitting in the car before you can turn it off.

Its the reason we fitted one to Linda's truck.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i'll leave it on there as it may be useful to me one day if i ever end up running the veg properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X