Question about the 3.0 surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the 3.0 surfs

I am hopeing to get a surf early next year (i hope) but i want a manual one. As most are auto does anyone know what the gear boxes are like or if they cause any probs???

Just wondering because if something is normally made with a manual or auto you can find the least made version isnt so good.

Cheers all,

Gupster
    www.hpoc.co.uk
    Hilux Pickup Owners Club
    Gupster
    www.cfs-fire.co.uk
    Cornwall Fire & Security

Dual mass flywheels failing are the only problem with manual 2nd gen Surfs, apart from that its a good gearbox.

Soon solved with a 4Runner solid flywheel and clutch kit.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

2.4 and 3.0 l

I have had both in manuals and yep that old fella's right good as gold them boxes ,,,,,,,but ... them hi /lo buttons can rattle a bit, guess it could be the same on auto's never having had one could'nt say

Comment

Wouldn't swap my manual - as far as I know it's the original and still smooth as silk.
        Ken
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by gillcover
          them hi /lo buttons can rattle a bit, guess it could be the same on auto's never having had one could'nt say
          Its a deisel vibe thing, they all do it once the button isn't a tight fit in the lever or the spring goes weak.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid
            Wouldn't swap my manual - as far as I know it's the original and still smooth as silk.
            Ken
            Got to agree with the Kid, No Problems here & probably had the roughest five years of it's life since i've owned it !!!!!
            And Mr Tony's probably thankful..........

There's always a Payback.... You just hope it don't happen to ya !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

yep me buttons never been a tight fit,,,, but I soldier on

Comment

Cheers guys just need to find a 3.0TD Manual surf!!! Not an easy job by the looks of it.

I will be aiming not to spend more than about 3K not sure if it is possible?? Is the 2nd gen the ones that look like the 1994 version, in my mind they are the best loking ones.

Cheers,

Gupster
                Hilux Pickup Owners Club
                www.hpoc.co.uk
                Gupster
                www.cfs-fire.co.uk
                Cornwall Fire & Security

Comment

Originally posted by Gupster
                  Cheers guys just need to find a 3.0TD Manual surf!!! Not an easy job by the looks of it.

I will be aiming not to spend more than about 3K not sure if it is possible?? Is the 2nd gen the ones that look like the 1994 version, in my mind they are the best loking ones.

Cheers,

Gupster
                  Hilux Pickup Owners Club
                  www.hpoc.co.uk
                  the 2nd gens have the drop down tailgate and go upto i think "96"
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have a 3rd gen with a manual gearbox,no probs whatsoever,recommended.