Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed

Last night, out in the Surf, went round a bend in the wet, was not a very sharp bend, only doing about 40mph, and the back end went, just about got her back on track, with no damage, but phewww! Anyway, I wondered why it went so easy. I thought It could be down to the ETC not being switched on. COuld this be the reason I wonder. Is it good to drive most of the time with it switch on. I did with the BMW.

No, ECT is to do with gearing.......it's 'sports mode' . You're thinking of ETC, which Surfs don't have. I presume it wasn't in 4WD - that would make the handling go very strange indeed. Otherwise, it's because you've got cr@ppy jap tires on. Change them. And slow down, it's not a race .

Comment

Rrrrr!!!

No what you realy mean I have $$$$py American rubber. Thanks!!!

Comment

Whatever, it's not a race car. Handling can suffer in the wet if you are running AT or MT tyres as they don't have the same level of grip on tarmac that HT tyres do. I always keep the speed down on bends in the wet just to make sure as the CoG is too high to allow you to chuck it in to bends like a sports car.
        Mike G

Comment

Of course if you'd been in a hairdressers 3rdGen, you could have been in 4WD and you'd have been fine!
          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

It's tall, softly sprung, RWD and nose-heavy.

It WILL oversteer, especially on Jap or AT/MT tyres. Learn to enjoy it then drive within the limits of the vehicle.

Comment

Be thankful its not a Mitsi Warrior! They swap ends in you so much as look at them the wrong way!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I found the back end of mine tail happy when I first had it, so changed the tyres all round to Avons. Excellent handling now.

Comment

well ive never had a prob with handling,unless i floor it,but i spose my truck has totally different handling characteristics to the rest of you.it drives like its on rails.maybe because its not nose heavy and quite well balanced ,i dont really know.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                    well ive never had a prob with handling,unless i floor it,but i spose my truck has totally different handling characteristics to the rest of you.it drives like its on rails.maybe because its not nose heavy and quite well balanced ,i dont really know.

your just a poser...
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      your just a poser...
                      your just jealous no i just know how to do a job properly,and build a truck the way its supposed to be.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

your just jealous no i just know how to do a job properly,and build a truck the way its supposed to be.
                        alright i'll let you off that one then

Comment

I was thinking about this on the way home.......the roads are proper greasy now so if the back end did slide out say on a roundabout going say 30ish & you knew it was gonna be pancake what would happen if you quickly hit the 4WD button??? Would it kick in quick enough or is it not a good idea to do it like that??

Used to love kicking the tail out in my old skyline Shame the surf is such a big ol bus & hasn't got much power

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            alright i'll let you off that one then
                            i wouldnt let me off that easy richard.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

i wouldnt let me off that easy richard.

i take it back now then..

Comment

Working...