Intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler

My cousin is a Mercedes Diesel mechanic an has come by a Vito intercooler which he was going to put onto his BMW. He doesn't need it anymore because he's emigrating to OZ so he's passing it onto me. I think it'll go nicely in the bottom grill on the front of my surf as its that shape. How do I go about plumbing it in? I don't really want to top mount it unless there are real advantages over front mounting as I'm worried about the cutting.

What benefits apart from the obvious increase in power will fitting it have?

Cheers

Originally posted by Long way 'round
    My cousin is a Mercedes Diesel mechanic an has come by a Vito intercooler which he was going to put onto his BMW. He doesn't need it anymore because he's emigrating to OZ so he's passing it onto me. I think it'll go nicely in the bottom grill on the front of my surf as its that shape. How do I go about plumbing it in? I don't really want to top mount it unless there are real advantages over front mounting as I'm worried about the cutting.

Cheers
    Front mounts are potentially better as they are in a cold air flow and dont suffer from heatsoak like topmounts. Let me know how you get on.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Long way 'round

Cheers

It goes between the air filter and the turbo.
      Tube from air filter housing in one side of the 'cooler, tube to the turbo from the other side.

Comment

Far be it from me to question someone who knows his way around making metal stuff, but doesn't the intercooler go between the turbo and intake manifold? Compressing the air makes it hot, the intercooler cools it down again.

I could be wrong - due to my advancing age, I am a lot these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Far be it from me to question someone who knows his way around making metal stuff, but doesn't the intercooler go between the turbo and intake manifold? Compressing the air makes it hot, the intercooler cools it down again.

I could be wrong - due to my advancing age, I am a lot these days...

Sh*t!!!!!!!!

yeah, thats what I meant to say!

Jason, what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Sh*t!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! 1 - 1

Comment

Sh*t!!!!!!!!

Jason, what he said!
              pmsl. vince just had a visit from the f**k up fairy.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

A classic case of selecting gob before engageing brain, hehehe
                The guy could have changed his user name to wrong way round
                Last edited by POPEYE; 16 December 2006, 18:17.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It goes between the air filter and the turbo.
                  Tube from air filter housing in one side of the 'cooler, tube to the turbo from the other side.
                  yeah, cheers for that!

i took this advice and couldn't work out why it made no difference!

so, to atone, how's about i bring it all to you to put in the right place...BTW, i already removed scoop from where i'd put in, sealed the hole, repainted it and added scratches so it blends with rest of bonnet/truck...it now looks like nothing has been done to it at all!
                  Last edited by logey79; 16 December 2006, 18:25.
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                  X