Miserable G!t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miserable G!t

Earlier in the week I think that I was being branded with this title. Still, happy now as I have fitted the new starter motor to my Frontera (sorry) and all is well. As the car had stood around for some time it was looking very grubby so pleased with my morning efforts thought I would take it to the car wash to spruce it up. Not the automatic sort but one in Pitsea (Basildon) that has half a dozen bays where you switch between jet wash to dry and shine. Paid for the tokens and proceeded with the jet wash only to find that no detergent was coming out only hot water. Seeing the attendant I called across to let him know that there was a problem expecting an answer such as "ok I'll sort it out". No, I wont put on here what the reply was but I won't be recommending him for any customer service award. Still, got my tokens back so that is something. Anyone else with similar stories where you feel as a customer you are doing the proprieter a service?

Maybe if I had taken the Surf to be washed I would have had more respect!! I'll get that one in as a "starter" for the Frontera jokes.

one place beats them all...

...HALFORDS!

all those who agree, say " i don't need a 3rd gen...i'm well adjusted! "
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      one place beats them all...

...HALFORDS!

all those who agree, say " i don't need a 3rd gen...i'm well adjusted! "
      jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz

Where's your spelling Logey

It's Halfrauds

Otherwise named after that well known film - "BIG shop of horrors" or was it "shop of little horrors" ? - mind you they could also be known as "Pirates of the Carmarthen" (with apologies to the welsh)
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Wasn't it 'Big shop of idiots'?

Comment

If they got taken over by a certain large US chain would they become........

"Idiots'R'us" ?
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Now, here's another shop that is worth a mention. Going in to my local B&Q warehouse to buy some biscuits, no not the type you eat but those of beech wood for edge joining timber, I had an amusing experience. Seeing one of the staff looking as though he was dressed for business in the uniform I enquired where the biscuits were. The reply: "We haven't any here but there is a vending machine on the way out that sells chocolate and crisps" Professionals or what? Can't really seeing a cadburys fruit and nut being up to the job.!

Comment

homebase is far worse than b&q...really amazingly pathetic. i took my parents there last week (farnham store) so i could bring back a fireplace in the surf (too big, had to put the thing on the roof) the fireplace cost £300 and a packet of 60w bulbs.

the clearasil advert at the checkout totalled the products and twice came up with the sum of £603. the first time, i smiled and walked away because i knew what was coming...the firm explanation from my old dad (very broad glaswegian, doesn't suffer any mistakes in the workplace) that the lad had made a booboo and to try again. 2nd time i heard him ask for over £600 i cringed and went outside to wait for ma and pa!

i think the lad would have been close to tears, the old fella can still be very intimidating to those who don't know his 'ways'.

makes i laugh!
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Oh yes, good old Homebase they are worth a mention too. Two experiences spring to mind. The first about three months ago when I was carrying out some remodelling of the kitchen under strict instuctions from my wife. I needed MDF for making a division so knowing that it is hazadous and extremely messy when being cut and wanting to keep a good relationship going with the neighbours I went to Homebase who have a wood cutting service. This was a week day so with the store being relitavely empty I expected no problems. Eventually, with keeping my hand on the call button for a couple of minutes, a cheerful chappie came along. I gave him a cut list which needed about three boards. His reply was "I can't do this now as we are too busy and could I come back later". I replied that it did not look that busy and later it could be even more busy with possibly three customers in the store. After a little more pursuasion he reluctantly agreed to cut the boards. One he totally mucked up and as I always carry a measure with me to be sure, he huffed and puffed as he did another. To add insult to injury the girl on the checkout asked if I had been happy with my shopping experience today!!

Second was yesterday. Had some time to kill so I went into a nearby Homebase, glutton for punishment. Seeing the counter of discontinued stock where there is often a bargain to be had I picked up a power saw. Taking it to the checkout and after paying I said to the assistant that the security tag had not been removed. She said that is alright it won't go off. Oh, yes it did so back in I went only for her to wave me out of the store. She then said that the tag remover was not working. Has anyone tried to remove one of these tags? Not just plastic but re-inforced with metal. Busted up the handle of the case trying to get the thing off. Yes I should have gone back but that would have been even more hassle!!

Comment

Nah, Focus are worst, and Focus Malvern need a special mention!

Staff clump in groups of 6 or more and actively avoid interaction with the public. You get one poor girl on a till, and 5 tills closed while all these other 'staff' fiddle around arranging tins of paint neatly and chatting.

Many a time I've picked something up, and then have hung around in a queue while staff fart-ar$e about, left what I'd picked up on the floor and gone somewhere else.

Still, Halfrauds take the biscuit for knowing nothing about pretty much everything.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
                    Now, here's another shop that is worth a mention. Going in to my local B&Q warehouse to buy some biscuits, no not the type you eat but those of beech wood for edge joining timber, I had an amusing experience. Seeing one of the staff looking as though he was dressed for business in the uniform I enquired where the biscuits were. The reply: "We haven't any here but there is a vending machine on the way out that sells chocolate and crisps" Professionals or what? Can't really seeing a cadburys fruit and nut being up to the job.!

I got arrested in B&Q last month. Whilst looking amongst the timber in the outside store, One of them clowns in orange overalls came over and asked me if i wanted decking, so i got the first punch in.
                    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                    X