front bumper removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front bumper removal

I had a shunt monday and need too take of the bumper and straighten it a bit
    as it catches the left tyre on turning, all I can see is four bolts on the chassisand 2 on either mud guard, these 2 look as thou they could be trouble getting off. any advice ?

Nah, that's it as far as bumper bolts. The two in the wheel arches can be sods. You don't need to remove any trim or anything.. A spray with plus-gas, or WD 40 for a few days beforehand will be a good idea!!
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Here you go
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Talking of bumpers.... I'm after a drivers side bracket for mine..
        The one from the wheel arch well.. Lack of WD40 when removing it!

Anyone got one?
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Nkerridge

all I can see is four bolts on the chassisand 2 on either mud guard, these 2 look as thou they could be trouble getting off. any advice ?
          As Dave said, lots of WD40 for the two little ones at the ends - but be prepared - I broke one of mine taking it off, and the other when putting it back together
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Never mind WD40, soak them in Coca Cola (or similar acidic concoction) for a few days first.

I broke both end bolts and one of the chassis bolts undoing mine, and another chassis bolt putting it all back together.

Comment

Working...
            X