Big Black Cat Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Black Cat Sighting

Went for a curry with the other 'Dads to be' from our NCT classes last night. Afterwards, I decided to go a different route home to the one I would normally take and I missed a turning, ending up right out in the middle of nowhere - so I decided to turn the truck round and head back... as I pulled up on the verge to swing round, virtually stopped - this big black animal (I thought it was a dog at first) came out of the hedge and stood in front of me on the verge. By now I had stopped and as I looked I soon realised that it was no dog, but a $$$$$$ big jet black cat. I assume it was a Puma but no way of being sure. I wasn't going to get out and ask it - that's for sure!!!!

For anyone that knows the area it was between Lindfield and Ardingly.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    Went for a curry with the other 'Dads to be' from our NCT classes last night. Afterwards, I decided to go a different route home to the one I would normally take and I missed a turning, ending up right out in the middle of nowhere - so I decided to turn the truck round and head back... as I pulled up on the verge to swing round, virtually stopped - this big black animal (I thought it was a dog at first) came out of the hedge and stood in front of me on the verge. By now I had stopped and as I looked I soon realised that it was no dog, but a $$$$$$ big jet black cat. I assume it was a Puma but no way of being sure. I wasn't going to get out and ask it - that's for sure!!!!

For anyone that knows the area it was between Lindfield and Ardingly.
    sounds just like the sightings of the Puma type black cats that are known as the beast of Bodmin moor.Also a farmer i used to work for a few years back reacons it was a large cat of some sort that killed some of his sheep one night as it was only their necks that were ripped apart and nothing else like a dog would do
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
      who else you told?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

the thing is that years ago when people used to keep this type of animal as pets etc then people suddenly had to have a licence to keep these animals and a lot of people just released them into the wild so these Pumas or whatever large cats they were left to fend for themselves,so why shouldn't people be believed when they say that they have spotted something that looks like a large cat.Around Bodmin Moor they have found large footprints that are too big for a domestic cat so their has to be some that have survived over the years
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I believe him alright
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I told my dad who was in the Police and he said:

"I can remember when in the Police at Horsham going on regular Puma hunts! There have been sightings for many years and there is undoubtedly something or a number of something's out there. Many animals were turned out when troops took over large private houses in the two world wars and because of the climate in the south, they have survived ie Wallabies in St Leonard's Forest!"

I should have rung the police I guess but was in two minds about it.

Comment

If it had round feet and six t1ts it's called a cow. Nothing to fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                mate, remind me to show you a cow while you are here on sunday....
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Are you sure it wasnt an L200 with the new "Animal" Trim?

Comment

Just checked on the web an Puma's are not black. It looked exactly like the pictures of a black panther though. This is a problem as I CANNOT go around saying I saw a bloomin black panther as no-one will believe me!!! So, I change my story, it was bright pink and walking upright along the road....

Comment

At the risk of running foul of Chillitt's natural history police force, pumas are indeed not black. They are brown - same thing as a cougar. A panther isn't black either, it's black with dark brown spots - a dark leopard.

I personally don't think there would be enough exotic cats running wild to produce a viable population.

BUT

You probably saw one of these

Comment

I'm sure I saw a big cat like the one you saw once.

It jumped out of a hedge and ran across the road. It was too far ahead to see properly, but it had a long tail and was as big as a whippet. It definitely wasn't a dog. Frightened the sh*t out of me...

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          mate, remind me to show you a cow while you are here on sunday....
                          Let us know how you get on fitting his spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                            COWS have 4 T1ts as they have 4 Quarters
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                              Just checked on the web an Puma's are not black. It looked exactly like the pictures of a black panther though. This is a problem as I CANNOT go around saying I saw a bloomin black panther as no-one will believe me!!! So, I change my story, it was bright pink and walking upright along the road....
                              walking upright and pink =honky
                              black+ being a panther = a bro
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X