Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks

A mate of mine has given the motor the once over and has noticed that one of my rear shocks is leaking oil which means they will need to be replaced if it is to pass it's upcoming MOT.

I still have the original electrical adjustable type fitted, however these are quite a bit more expensive to replace than to get the springy types.

Question is, will changing to the springy type shocks mess up the legendary smooth ride that my motor gives?? If so I would rather fork out to get the adjustable ones sorted.............

Originally posted by Nellington
    A mate of mine has given the motor the once over and has noticed that one of my rear shocks is leaking oil which means they will need to be replaced if it is to pass it's upcoming MOT.

I still have the original electrical adjustable type fitted, however these are quite a bit more expensive to replace than to get the springy types.

Question is, will changing to the springy type shocks mess up the legendary smooth ride that my motor gives?? If so I would rather fork out to get the adjustable ones sorted.............
    hi. if you go for es3000's then they will be somewhere between the hard and soft setting of the original shocks.they're not too bad a ride
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I recently replaced all four corners with es 9000 shocks. they are not as smooth as the OME but handleing has greatly improved, especially cornering.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

es 9000 is what everyone on here just about uses, I would stay get them.
        There are lots more expensive options if you like but to bee honest I dont think they are worth it (I have koni ones and they are great but not really any better that the es9000).
        Also worth doing the rear springs at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Nellington

i have also got 2 sets of adjustable shocks here that i took of my old 2.4 and my 3l i have now,from when i done the suspension lifts.as far as i can see there are no leaks in them.I will be at salisbury on the 28th if you would prefer to keep the adjustable shocks

Comment

hi richard
            how much do you want for a pair of rear shocks as mine are begining to leak.
            cheers shaun
            NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
              hi richard
              how much do you want for a pair of rear shocks as mine are begining to leak.
              cheers shaun
              make an offer.i will then give a couple of quid to Koi then for selling them thru here and give some to the Mac4x4

Comment

I had my rears swapped for +2" ES3000s when I had the LC springs fitted. Better all round than the originals. Better ride, better handling, though this is in part due to the stiffer springs I'm sure.

I left my originals with Tony N. He may have chucked them out, but give him a shout just incase.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

tell me what you for them because when i make offers for items i am always afraid of insulting people if you know what i meen.
                  cheers shaun

Comment

tell me what you for them because when i make offers for items i am always afraid of insulting people if you know what i meen.
                    cheers shaun
                    Go on be a devil , chuck him an insult

wots the worst that can happen
                    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Just finished the front pair, replacing with es9000's today. Did the rear a few weeks ago. They really improved handling, and ride is firm but really good. Only about £35 a corner.

Rich

Comment

nice one mate
                        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

cheers shaun
                          i'll tell you what Shaun you pay Koi the £2 sellers fee and donate something to the mac 4X4 hows about that

Comment

that sounds good to me how do i pay koi the £2 and where do i donate the money for the mac 4x4 charity thanks richard for your generosity and could you bring them with you on the 28th. see you at exeter services on th 28th so all i can is thanks again.
                            cheers shaun

Comment

that sounds good to me how do i pay koi the £2 and where do i donate the money for the mac 4x4 charity thanks richard for your generosity and could you bring them with you on the 28th. see you at exeter services on th 28th so all i can is thanks again.
                              cheers shaun
                              pay koi here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16565and if you go to the thread for the mac4x4 there is a link to pay there.
                              Yes i will bring them with me.The only thing you may want to keep from your shocks are a couple of the bushes if i can't find them all

When you send a payment to Koi pm or email him to let him know what the £2 is for
                              Last edited by stormforce; 14 December 2006, 20:05.

Comment

Working...
                              X