Hurricane Appeal.....sorry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Appeal.....sorry...

A major hurricane (Hurricane Shazza) and earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter Scale hit Essex in the early hours of Monday with its epicentre in Basildon .
    Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly, muttering "Faaackinell".

The hurricane decimated the area causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from Majorca and the Costa Del Sol were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed and many locals were woken well before their giros arrived.

Essex FM reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered and were still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Basildon . One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said, "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Victoria-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was skinning up and watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently looting, muggings and car crime were unaffected and carried on as normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?
    This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after - items most needed include:
    Fila or Burberry baseball caps
    Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers)
    Shell suits (female)
    White sport socks
    Rockport boots
    Any other items usually sold in Primark.
    Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs include:
    Microwave meals, Tins of baked beans, Ice cream, Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew.

Please give generously ...........

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms.
    £2 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9.
    £5 buys B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

**Breaking news**
    Rescue workers found a girl in the rubble smothered in raspberry alco-pop. 'Where are you bleeding from?' they asked," ROMFORD" said the girl, "woss that gotta do wiv you?

Please don't forward this to anyone living in Essex - oh, sod it, they won't be able to read it, anyway.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

I thought it was one of them SPOOF things again,. This belongs in the JOKE Section
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Have you ever been to Basildon? I was born and lived there for 35 years and whilst I now live in Stanford le Hope, about three miles west of Basildon I still have regard for the town. I like a joke as much as anyone and am mature enough to accept that the English don't mind a joke at their own expense. However, whilst there are areas of Basildon as in most towns and cities in Britain, including Stoke on Trent, that are maybe not so desirable it must be remebered that all should not be stereotyped. Stoke on Trent, similar to Basildon in that it is heavily populated although it does not have as much green belt land and open space to enjoy. Have you compared the ratio of benefit claimants per populas? Might be worth a look!! Last time I went to Stoke there were plenty of "chavs" and the Burberry brigade!

Comment

good god.... its a joke.... cheer up
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Blimey. Grumpy flakes must have been on special again.

I'm from Essex and I thought it was funny......

Comment

Originally posted by beaufighter
            I like a joke as much as anyone
            Obviously not!

Its just joke, relax, if it was true it wouldn't be so funny.

You can't get upset over stupid stuff like this, the worlds got much more important things that you could be getting this passionate about.

So you don't laugh at Irish, Scot, English (naturally), Asian, Yank, Muslim, Immagrant, etc based Sterotype jokes? I hope you do, things would be pretty dull otherwise.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hes right on one point, stoke is a dump
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                Blimey. Grumpy flakes must have been on special again.

I'm from Essex and I thought it was funny......
                I'm not and I thought it was funny too....... Lighten up guy, hope you don't drive a 3rdGen, cos you'd really be in for some stick!
                Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Obviously not!

Its just joke, relax, if it was true it wouldn't be so funny.

You can't get upset over stupid stuff like this, the worlds got much more important things that you could be getting this passionate about.

So you don't laugh at Irish, Scot, English (naturally), Asian, Yank, Muslim, Immagrant, etc based Sterotype jokes? I hope you do, things would be pretty dull otherwise.
                  Tony, you missed an 'a' out between 'just' and 'joke'. Spell check Matt will be round in a second to chastise you.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                    hes right on one point, stoke is a dump
                    I was keeping quiet on that one.

Comment

Tony, you missed an 'a' out between 'just' and 'joke'. Spell check Matt will be round in a second to chastise you.
                      There you go, thats funny, and a poke at 2 people at once!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Not on your life. I'd get wrist cramps from correcting that post.

Comment

No, I did not say it was funny and I said that I am able to, like all English, to laugh at themselves. Just that Basildon often gets a raw deal and whilst there are scumbag residents their as much as anywhere who spoil it for the decent citizens Basildon is unfortunately often the brunt of bad press. Yes, maybe I am being over sensitive and it's not been a good day but when I saw this coming from Stoke I thought of the old saying referring to "glass houses" etc.

However, I'm all for a bit of fun and feel better again just for logging onto the forum, even taking this into account. Just had a pi77y day!

Comment

wasn't that originally going around about the scousers.still is good tho
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thought Beaufighter would have had a good sense of humour .........................Well he has got a Frontera.
                              Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X