would you f**king believe it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you f**king believe it

Just had my head replaced, slight problemn with a blowing turbo exhust gasket.
    so off I go up to ipswich to leave it for the mechanic to fix, following a car as you do and just as were going over a hill she braked sharply as the t***T in a parked rover decided to open his door. Bang!! I hit her in back full on, quite a bit of damage to her boot and bumper. my truck has minor damage, badly beat up bash plate and dent in bumper, oh plus she clipped the git in the rover. my insurance are gonna love me

I'm sure her brake lights were out weren't they? it's gotta be worth a try for 50/50 blame
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

good idea, but i am too $$$$$$ honest

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        I'm sure her brake lights were out weren't they? it's gotta be worth a try for 50/50 blame
        Not much of a defence - you should drive to be able to stop no matter what condition the other car is in.

This is the voice of experience talking - I have rear ended 3 cars over the years
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

that's why it'd still be 50/50 rather than nba, if you got away with it hence 'worth a try'
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

I've shunted three in my time, all arse-end's and as the lovely boyo says there's usually very little defence, afraid you just gonna have to swallow it, but by all means try, a good protion of blame for this mishap should go to the rover driver,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

whoever opened their door into traffic, hope you got their details, because it could be 50/50 between yours and theirs. there's no way the car in front can be considered at all at fault...i've been that car in front in same circumstances before and it would be really off to attempt to pin the blame on them.

but certainly go for the wanchor who opened their door into the traffic though.
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

jeez arent there enough tailgaters around for people to learn!
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

Do unto others?

Comment

Trust me, i know other people would try the same, i had some $$$$er pull out from a side road straight in front of me driving a bus. He was done for dangerous driving, offered a rehab training course and £160 fine but turned it down, chose to go to court instead, 8 months down the line found guilty, appealed, took another year to go to the court for appeal, got an adjournment, another 4 months to go back again and the $$$$er got away with it on a $$$$in technicality, CPS had done something wrong in the paperwork at the original hearing.

Also uninsured driver, almost identical and he tried to blame me never mind the fact that he's hit the rear wheel arch of a 10 metre bus.

I got plenty of accidents on company insurance. Luckily none on my own so far.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

I got plenty of accidents on company insurance. Luckily none on my own so far.
                      it still goes against you...
                      my mum reversed her co. car into a wall and on her private renewal it showed up!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        it still goes against you...
                        my mum reversed her co. car into a wall and on her private renewal it showed up!
                        I got nothing at fault where a claims arisen, done the odd wing mirror and a freelander front end, but our excess is £10,000 so hardly anything goes through insurance. Everything else i've got no blame attached.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

She didn't have this sticker then....

Comment

Like it. Very subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                              whoever opened their door into traffic, hope you got their details, because it could be 50/50 between yours and theirs. there's no way the car in front can be considered at all at fault...i've been that car in front in same circumstances before and it would be really off to attempt to pin the blame on them.

but certainly go for the wanchor who opened their door into the traffic though.
                              Tend to agree wiv ya Logey, while cabin in the 80's I was accused of opening me door in to the path of an oncoming passing Vehicle,while I was parked at the Kerbside, (It was disproved otherwise I'd of bin minus a door) I was cautioned for :-
                              1. Failing to observe other road users (opening door without looking)
                              He was cautioned & procecuted for:-
                              1. Failing to observe other road users (opening door without looking)
                              2. Attending to a Vehicle used for and/or Dangerous driving (Observation)
                              3. Driving without Due Care & Attention (not allowing a metre between the parked vehicle/s & your passing Vehicle

The Car with the opened door caused this incident, the car in front of ya Panicked & you both were caught out ... Try it

There's always a Payback.... You can only hope this ain't yours !!!!
                              Good Luck
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X