I need advice on Tire pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice on Tire pressure?

Can anyone tell me what the correct Tire pressure is on the Hilux surf please? Many thanks...

Originally posted by depenz
    Can anyone tell me what the correct Tire pressure is on the Hilux surf please? Many thanks...
    i run mine on 32psi but try from 30 to about 34 and see what suits you best
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Anywhere between 29 to 33psi. What ever feels right for the type of tyre you have fitted.

Comment

cheers...

cheers guys... I mostly use it on motorways and local run around, but its not been used for the last 2 months (had some problems with starting it, so got 2 new batteries... seems to have helped, though it still has abit of trouble starting) but i noticed the tyres were a little down.

Comment

cheers guys... I mostly use it on motorways and local run around, but its not been used for the last 2 months (had some problems with starting it, so got 2 new batteries... seems to have helped, though it still has abit of trouble starting) but i noticed the tyres were a little down.
          are your glow plugs ok,you may need to change them too

Comment

glow plugs were checked and are new.
            Ive only had the car 3 months, had trouble with it straight away, I know nothing about cars, so I had someone out to look at it... they tried to rip me off by sending me to an auto electrician, just bought 2 new batteries instead... though it took 2 months (had money problems) as soon as i put the batteries in it started straight away.... but then after leaving it for around 36hours... it took about 8 attempts to get it started.

Comment

Ive only had the car 3 months, had trouble with it straight away, I know nothing about cars, so I had someone out to look at it... they tried to rip me off by sending me to an auto electrician, just bought 2 new batteries instead... though it took 2 months (had money problems) as soon as i put the batteries in it started straight away.... but then after leaving it for around 36hours... it took about 8 attempts to get it started.
              has it had a good sevice since you've had it as you may need to do oil fuel air filters and when you put the fuel filter back on fill right up with redex and then drive it like you stole it to give the injectors a good clean thru

Comment

Have you put fresh diesel in the tank recently? as diesel can go stale or there might be some air in it from standing for so long.
                Try pumping the plunger on top of the fuel filter, you should feel some resistance after a few pumps, if not then there may be air in the diesel.

Comment

How long are you leaving it before you try to start it?

Don't try as soon as the glowplug light's gone off. Wait til you hear a 'clunk' from the relay dropping out. Or until you hear a warning beep. This will give the plugs a better chance of warming up...
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

cheers guys... your all stars, I'll try the pumping of the plunger first aswell as putting new diesol in (already had half a tank so havent filled up yet)

I'll also try leaving it a while after the glowplug light goes out (though i did try that 2/3 times this morning) but will do anyway.

and as soon as christmas & new year is out the way... I'll get it in for a service!

Comment

Working...
                    X