should i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i?

you know how it is when you're looking for something you don't really want, but you need, and yet you can't find it anyway...then you stumble across something that you actually wouldn't mind having, you're tempted, but know you shouldn't spend any more money unless it's something essential...

so here it is, i'll let you guys decide.

should mr.visa get me these for christmas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=002
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Thought you had a IFS front? If so only rears will be any good.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

how do i lift the front?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        how do i lift the front?
        Wind the torsion bars up, just like the 2nd gen people do. 1 1/2" max extra lift though.

Maybe its the camera angle, but those shackles don't look straight. Look a bit homemade all over to be honest.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

yeah i thought that, but then assumed it was the photo. i might do that since i'm in the spending mood. roughtrax probably do them don't they?

Comment

just had another look...photo not that good, but i don't think its bad enough to be the reason the shackles look off, think they must be a homemade set.

Comment

Those do not look all that to me either and at that price no thanks, If I wanted them I think I would have a go at fabricating them myself!
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

just had another look...photo not that good, but i don't think its bad enough to be the reason the shackles look off, think they must be a homemade set.
                i would think so if he is making them to order.if he has a returns policy and and he will refund you if your not happy with them then get them and see what they're like and if they look s hi te then send them back again and get your money back.
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

just looked on roughtrax site, they got the same kit and with delivery works out same price, so i'd get from there.

they sell as set front and backs but i'll only need the rears so i'll see what else is around 1st.

Comment

just looked on roughtrax site, they got the same kit and with delivery works out same price, so i'd get from there.

they sell as set front and backs but i'll only need the rears so i'll see what else is around 1st.
                    why not ring and speak to Barry about the kit as he may be able to just get them for the rear
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You thinking of bigger tyres for off road
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

how'd you guess!

i shouldn't even be considering any of this until after saturday...plus it'll be another project to add to the to do list sitting over there!

Comment

£99 plus £25 p&p??

I could make you a rear set for £50 including postage!!!!

but I haven't got or know of one near me, a 1st gen to measure........bugga!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            £99 plus £25 p&p??

I could make you a rear set for £50 including postage!!!!

but I haven't got or know of one near me, a 1st gen to measure........bugga!!
                            you tease...they had a name for you at school!

vince, wasn't it?!?

well the rush of blood to the head is over, so i'll see how the MOT goes saturday before i buy anything else, and as stormforce suggested, i'll give roughtrax a call about the rears.

Comment

If your old springs were like mine , you will need new bushes and shackle pins with them . I got all my stuff from Stuart at Geared to Go .
                              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                              X