After 3 weeks, Looks like I may get my thing at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 3 weeks, Looks like I may get my thing at last

Well, after 3 weeks wait for a Supposed service, and just 2 blocked injectors ( so I was told) that is. It appears this 2.4 92 Surf of is ready for me. Never driven one, don’t even know what they are like. I got the thing as I live a place where, a good 4X4 is worth it’s weight in gold, well almost! roads are $$$$. Every drive is like exploring the meteor craters on Jupiter. trust me, I have NOT been there. Smoking !!!!!

Anyway, what do they go like ? I am not expecting VW V10 rocket performance, but is it a slouch or does it have some life in it. What will she cruse at, and overtaking like at say 40 or 50MPh. Will it do 50mph!! Just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Whats the worst thing about them, and best thing. Just looking for a bit of heads up on these things.

Sorry, also, what sort of rubber should I go for, good alround - er, snow, mud, bad roads. That also look good! heheh
    Last edited by normski26; 10 December 2006, 09:46.

Dont try & overtake anything (unless you're on a dual carriageway) cos it wont work Just be happy to plod along knowing that you aren't using all the fuel by trying to make the thing do something it wasn't designed to do. Ie ....... go fast

Comment

A 2.4 will cruise at 70mph no probs, depending on road conditions of course.

As far as tyres go, it will depend on the terrain you are driving on.

If the roads are as bad as you say then speed will not be an issue, and you may want to go for an off road tyre.

I use Cooper discoverer STT they are 80% off road and 20% on road.
      The do ok on tarmac considering, and not much road noise.

The wern't cheap though, and if the terrain is liable to damage the tyres, then you may want to go for a cheaper tyre.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by normski26

Sorry, also, what sort of rubber should I go for, good alround - er, snow, mud, bad roads. That also look good! heheh
        Mud Terrains.

Personally recommend BFG's if you can afford them, Kumho are a cheaper option that work nearly as well. There are lots of other as well. But these are my personal favourites for dual purpose tyres.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It's not such a slouch as people make out. Some people have sluggish ones,
          for some reason unbeknown, but top speed wise, 70'ish is comfortable. You
          could make 90 if you wragged it a bit. And overtaking is no problem generally.
          If you peg it, they'll kick down nicely if it's the auto and give you a nice old
          run.

Comment

Working...
          X