I liked it so much I bought it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked it so much I bought it

Hi all just an update on my Surfin so to speak. I went to see the petrol engined SSR-X 3rd gen. It was so different a ride so smooth, mint condition, very responsive and felt it fitted my 6ft frame better than the old Surf. (is it a wider body) So the long an short of it is I bought it. I have been looking at fuel consumption specs for the 2.7 engine and they are only 1.1 of a kilometer per litre difference from the diesel. An in the future I may look at the gas option. So it looks as though you are stuck with me.

Regards
    Malcolm
    Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Originally posted by Malenibo
    Hi all just an update on my Surfin so to speak. I went to see the petrol engined SSR-X 3rd gen. It was so different a ride so smooth, mint condition, very responsive and felt it fitted my 6ft frame better than the old Surf. (is it a wider body) So the long an short of it is I bought it. I have been looking at fuel consumption specs for the 2.7 engine and they are only 1.1 of a kilometer per litre difference from the diesel. An in the future I may look at the gas option. So it looks as though you are stuck with me.

Regards
    Malcolm

Good man, congrats, now we want some pics
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Regards
      Malcolm
      Gas the b*tch (sorry I was looking at the M-in-L when I wrote that )
      what is it straight or V???
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

The 2.7ltr is a straight 4 engine 3RZ-FE DOHC 16 valve 150 bhp.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          The 2.7ltr is a straight 4 engine 3RZ-FE DOHC 16 valve 150 bhp.
          WOW - it's bigger than mine!!!
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

Picture of what I had, Picture of wot I got. Both exactly the same price. Was it a good move?
            Malcolm
            Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Sorry for got pics First one is wot I had, 2nd is wot I got.

Comment

Sorry for got pics First one is wot I had, 2nd is wot I got.
                both nice m8
                i prefer the red 2nd gen tho [personal choice]
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Picture of what I had, Picture of wot I got. Both exactly the same price. Was it a good move?
                  Malcolm
                  why did the red one have to go back?
                  [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                  [size=5][/size]
                  [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                    why did the red one have to go back?
                    yes, and my terrie swears she seen that registration somewhere?
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

I changed the 2nd gen model because I found out it had been clocked, it had lost 50000 ks from when it left Japan to arriving at the dealers I bought it from. I could of had my money back or another verified vehicle. I choose the Surf.

The number plate may be familier in Southampton as there is a 4x4 owned by a friend who lives in the area but it is K99 ELK. The K9 is for DOG and the ELK is for the breed of dog. If you dont know what a Norwegian Elkhound looks like visit www.malenibo.co.uk
                      Regards

Comment

I changed the 2nd gen model because I found out it had been clocked, it had lost 50000 ks from when it left Japan to arriving at the dealers I bought it from. I could of had my money back or another verified vehicle. I choose the Surf.

The number plate may be familier in Southampton as there is a 4x4 owned by a friend who lives in the area but it is K99 ELK. The K9 is for DOG and the ELK is for the breed of dog. If you dont know what a Norwegian Elkhound looks like visit www.malenibo.co.uk
                        Regards
                        have you checked the new one, i suppose the dealer cant riddle out of it if he's imported it
                        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I am having the new Surf throughly checked out before I take delivery and am insisting on a certificate of authenticity from BIMTA. How does the petrol 3 gen perform off road, Is it all down to the driver an tyres?

Comment

Regards
                            Malcolm
                            Hi,

What diesel you are comparing with ? 2.4/3.0 Did u buy it

Bm

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                              have you checked the new one, i suppose the dealer cant riddle out of it if he's imported it
                              Are we still on about elk hounds?

Comment

Working...
                              X