rear spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spoiler

how easy is it to fit a rear spoiler on a surf it is the one with the brake light in does it just bolt on or am i talking major bodywork? i have just bought it off eblag so any help would be great.
    cheers shaun
    ps i set myself a max bid but i just could not let it go!
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

I think they just bolt on. I hope you never paid too much for it? But considering the LED light alone from Toyota is £100 anything near that figure will be a good buy.

Comment

i paid £70.00 for it but you know what it is like you set yourself a limit and when somebody out bids you, you just cannot be beaten must try harder next time!

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
        i paid £70.00 for it but you know what it is like you set yourself a limit and when somebody out bids you, you just cannot be beaten must try harder next time!

Got a good deal done there mate.

I can give you a tip. If you go to your local Toyota dealer, they will have the breakdown of the parts for the light. You will then be able to order the correct fixings etc. Ask the guy to print off the breakdown as this can help with fitting.

I keep my mate in the parts department well stocked on Captain Morgan, and he gives me a very good discount when getting parts....

Comment

its quite an easy job to fit, the electics are in there ready to go, the trim panel clips off to get to it, and the 4 bolt holes are easy to get a drill to. the only scary bit is drilling the BIG hole for the electrics... dont forget to silicon round the holes to stop leaks/rust... have fun!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

thanks guys for your help i have tryed to get friendly with my local dealer but as soon as i mention the word surf i get those words thats an import and you know the rest.
            cheers shaun

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
              thanks guys for your help i have tryed to get friendly with my local dealer but as soon as i mention the word surf i get those words thats an import and you know the rest.
              cheers shaun
              hi shaun sounds like a bargain dont no how you fit the spoiler but theres an orange plug behind the middle roof panel for the brake light ive just fitted a hi level brake light to mine have fun

Comment

lookie, some kind hearted soul has done a how to.. thread..
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=spoiler
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

If you got it for 70 Ive been cheated. I bid a 75 max on that spoiler. Oh well next time maybe. Good luck with the fitting. I hope it keeps your rear window clean. Maybe I,ll have to go with one of Sanchos stick on jobs. ( after he has evaluated it of course.) You do realise that by outbidding me youve deprived my dog of a good view from the rear window

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

If we're talking about that blue one i was watching it as well, thought it went for £77 and the high bidder was'nt surfboyshaun, some other name! anyhow good luck to ya, i well fancied it meself,
                    One of the questions someone asked the guy made me chuckle, he asked what coulor it was, think he was in Brazil so the colours may be different there
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

my fault got carried away with the zeros ment to be £77.00 maybe a bit of wishful thinking on my part i hope i did win it because i have payed the man for it!
                      cheers shaun

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                        If you got it for 70 Ive been cheated. I bid a 75 max on that spoiler. Oh well next time maybe. Good luck with the fitting. I hope it keeps your rear window clean. Maybe I,ll have to go with one of Sanchos stick on jobs. ( after he has evaluated it of course.) You do realise that by outbidding me youve deprived my dog of a good view from the rear window

Bogus
                        Stick on thing has arrived. I haven't put it on yet, but it looks pretty good to me. For anyone who's not clear though, it points down not up - something to do with blasting air down the back window to keep it clean and dry. It won't go on until after I've been to Chillitt's at the weekend (once the bullbar's gone, I'm going in the car wash ) but it looks straightforward and is designed specifically for surfs - it's got two little clips to secure it through the rear window vents.

I will of course provide a full technical evaluation in due course

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                          It won't go on until after I've been to Chillitt's at the weekend (once the bullbar's gone, I'm going in the car wash )

I will of course provide a full technical evaluation in due course
                          So Charlie will be fitting it then.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                            i got a pressure washer here too...
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              I reckon I can cope with 3 sticky pads and a couple of clips Matt. I'm fine with anything that isn't electrical and doesn't have the potential to blow up. As long as it's not heavy, dirty, hard to access etc etc obviously.

The truck has about a 1 inch layer of T-Cut on it from the previous owner and I'm sick of trying to get it off. Pressure washer might do it, but I was going for the good old scratchy car wash option. The lacquer's gone already anyway.....

Charlie, you need to PM your address at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X