Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switch lights ?

hi lads and lasses
    could anyone tell me if the window switches on the doors etc are supposed to light up, mine never have so not sure if they are supposed to or not.

cheers johnno
    15 years in shiny club, lovely

Originally posted by geordie john
    hi lads and lasses
    could anyone tell me if the window switches on the doors etc are supposed to light up, mine never have so not sure if they are supposed to or not.

cheers johnno

Yes they do, but they're really dim. If you look down at them from above you can see the lights.

Comment

cheers vince, do you know if the bulbs can be changed as i,ve had cars in the past where they have been a sealed unit

cheers johnno
      15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

cheers vince, do you know if the bulbs can be changed as i,ve had cars in the past where they have been a sealed unit

cheers johnno

Yep, they're tiny LEDs. Ian619 replaced all his, I just drilled little holes in the switches so the lights shine through.

Comment

Don't start Vince off with his lights!!!!!

His truck looks like the inside of a Klingon battlecruiser.

Comment

hi lads and lasses

cheers johnno
            As Vince said the original lights (leds) are cr@p, Its a bit of a job replaceing them as you have to have the switch to bits and all the bits fall out, the leds are soldered onto three tiny boards which are held in place by plastic tabs melted over, these are real sods to get out without breaking, Check out instrument leds in the mods section if you want more info John, i changed mine for ultra-bright leds and must say it was worth the messing about,
            Dont know why toyota bothered with the original ones at all, Its the same with most of the other switches as well
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
              Don't start Vince off with his lights!!!!!

His truck looks like the inside of a Klingon battlecruiser.
              so all he needs in it is one of these...
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79

Whadaya mean, needs?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that all of the winow switches do have a lamp in them, but on the drivers door panel, it's only the driver window that has a lamp. The other three switches don't light up..
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                    Is that an orthopeadic chair,? What are you trying to say

All four window switches and the lock switch have lights, only the mirror one dose'nt, Passenger window switches dont either,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                    X