Door handle on Ford KA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door handle on Ford KA

I Know.... Its not a surf and this is a surf forum... at the risk of never living this down... I have bought a KA and am trying to fix the drives door handle... It doesn't work at all from the outside. Fine from the inside though!

I have removed the interrior door card and have located the cable running from the inside door handle to the clasp,but can't find anything from the exterior handle. Any suggestions??

Cheers Joe
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

There's normally a metal rod that hooks onto the exterior handle and the other end goes to the latch. It's usually about 6" long. It may be lying in the bottom of the door.

Comment

usually its a small black plastic lever on the handle and it snaps off - it pushes down on a metal plate in the door latch when you try to open the door.

Comment

my mum used to have a KA it was a gr8 car but we had a handul of problems with it, I'm sure if you take it back to who you bought it from they will fix it free of charge. Thats what we did coz ours was 2 months old and had problems so wee took it back to the dealer and it was fine when we got it back.
        Cheers

Alex

Comment

Bought at auction.. nice and cheap so don't mind a few niggles with it.. Will it fail MOT for door not opening form outside??
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

well, I used to know sum1 who had a vw passat estate with no drivers door handle coz it was broken into once. The owner of the car just left it like that so i assume it will be ok for an MOT.
            Cheers

Alex

Comment

According to http://www.ukmot.com/mot_check.asp#information3

DOORS

Both front doors must be capable of being opened from the inside and outside and all doors must latch securely.

So you need to get it working I'm afraid.

Alan...

Comment

Depend on the MOT centre, but it should fail. I know of a centre that failed a TVR coz they couldn't find the button under the wing mirror to open the door.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                  Bought at auction.. nice and cheap so don't mind a few niggles with it.. Will it fail MOT for door not opening form outside??
                  Simple answer is YES

There's always a Payback.... You just gotta wait for it to catch up !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X