I.E 7 giving me gyp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.E 7 giving me gyp

i have fallen into the windows update trap! now using I E 7, and all the post icons and headers and stuff are now little white squares with a red X in em.. please sir, how do i fix it? (not too techie, please, and i know, i know, motzerella fire place is better/faster etc... but i just want me pictures back!)
    it's in me shed, mate.

as far as i know(which aint much) it may be just a security thing as in your personal levels. we have upgraded and have no problems

Comment

Not sure that you can unless you want to uninstall IE7. I've upgraded and apart from trying to sort out initially where everything had gone, I've just got used to it.
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        i have fallen into the windows update trap! now using I E 7, and all the post icons and headers and stuff are now little white squares with a red X in em.. please sir, how do i fix it? (not too techie, please, and i know, i know, motzerella fire place is better/faster etc... but i just want me pictures back!)
        Take it outta ya shed & plug it in indoors the receptions better
        No seriously Charlie, could ya not restore ya PC to before ya did the update
        " I've heard that I E.7 doesn't agree with all setups, yours could be one"
        Hope it helps.............
        There's always a Payback.... You just can't tell when it's Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

So far, touch wood I've had no problems with the upgrade. I get pi$$ed off with all the other bits of software that the moment you log on t'internet start searching for latest updates and fings
          Slooooooooooooooooows everything down
          Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

chillitt if you click on tools (top right hand side) go to internet options then click on security and see what the level is set at, ours is on med-high if this helps at all

Comment

i just emptied my temp. internet files thingy and now it all works... cheers chaps...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                I have been using IE7 for months (I'm an MS beta tester), and I've not had any problems.

It's most likely a corrupt cache. Go to Tools (press Alt first to show the menu bar), then Internet Options, on the General Tab under Browsing History click Delete..., then under Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files.

Hopefully that should fix it.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

im an MS beta tester too... which is why I use Opera
                  the speed difference is noticable.
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

i phones MS once with a problem with windows.... their advice was to "borrow a friends copy"... D'urrrr!!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                      I have been using IE7 for months (I'm an MS beta tester), and I've not had any problems.
                      I hope you do the decent thing and just keep reporting back that everything
                      is working like a bag of $hite, regardless of what alterations they make?

Comment

Working...
                      X