did gordon just say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did gordon just say...

that you no longer need to register as a small scale biofuel producer??????
    it's in me shed, mate.

did i here right,

mr. brown to stop taxing veg oil,or no need to register with hmrc,after all the hassle with getting registered,or im i getting it wrong,

Comment

No he didn't I'm just linking the press report, the relevent items are on pages 50 to 52 (I think).
      http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/pbr2006/pbrn-all.pdf
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Page 53 is the interesting one - anyone know what the "second generation biodiesel" actually refers to?

The paragraph:

"The definition of biodiesel in the Hydrocarbon Oil Duties Act 1979 will be amended to include a new second generation biodiesel, produced by the hydrogenation of biomass, that offers potential environmental benefits comparable to those offered by conventional biodiesel."

I'm now looking it up...
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

OK peeps - this is what they are talking about: NExBTL

Another big-business option, not one for the back-yard operator (as if we expected anything from Gordon 'Dick Turpin' Brown).

On the other hand, this may be good news overall, as the process gives similar outputs to the conventional Fischer-Tropsch process, i.e. diesel, petrol, light oils, gases etc, but from vegetable or animal oil feedstock.
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Generally useful info and definitions here

Comment

but the tax on fuel is increasing!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Well i aint holding my breath, whatever happens it wont be any cheaper than dinodiesil, the ba$tards wont miss the chance of screwing more money out of us, Still aint had a reply from that SOB MP, Did anyone else have any positive replys?
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  but the tax on fuel is increasing!!
                  And with effect from midnight (last night).

Interesting use of the word "pre" and the word "report" that! It reads more like a mini-budget disgused as a report on what's going to be in the main budget next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Well i aint holding my breath, whatever happens it wont be any cheaper than dinodiesil, the ba$tards wont miss the chance of screwing more money out of us, Still aint had a reply from that SOB MP, Did anyone else have any positive replys?
                    not even so much as a bulls1te "we got your letter and value your opinions...et etc" reply.

waste of time and energy trying to do things the "proper" way. bring on the revolution!
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
                    X