New 4X4 sales dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho

I can only just remember growing up in the countryside and having to wait two hours for a bus.

If they actually make public transport better, .

A bus around here when i would need one to go to work and get home

0500 & 2200

NO HOPE
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

'Bout every 5th vehicle up here is another empty bus billowing black reek and holding up traffic.

Public transport is WRONG and should be banned!

Comment

Surely no political party would alienate 100.000's of voters by increasing road tax on 4x4's to £1800 as some papers have been suggesting, if that happened all 4x4's would be worth zilch overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by mayto
          Surely no political party would alienate 100.000's of voters by increasing road tax on 4x4's to £1800 as some papers have been suggesting, if that happened all 4x4's would be worth zilch overnight.
          If they are daft enough to do that then I'll not bother, run the risk of getting clamped, t could be removed in 10 minutes with an angle grinder anyway.

I think i'll keep the mini, it runs on full fat 4* (or it would if I could get some instead of that unleaded S*it and that other Jizz)

I can't beleive I just wrote that! no i've changed my mind i'm keeping the surf!
          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Like wot I said in the other thread... Looks like the end of Landrover and the final nail in GB cars Rover style.

So I dont ever see our squadies driving Hummers 'cos the greens wont like that so give em pushbikes to go with the sh*t guns, ammo, kit, support!

$$$$ing polititians need a $$$$in good kick in the $$$$$$$$, bunch of robbing $$$$$$$ $$$$s

Comment

Originally posted by mayto
              They can't do it, there is no way of making it work, there is no justifible way of charging £1800 tax on a Rav 4 or Zuki Jimny for clogging up the city streets, they are as small as it gets. Or the larger Lexus RX400 Hybrid can pootle around on electric motors in town.

The only fair way to penalise low MPG vehicles is to put the tax on fuel, the more you use, the more you pay. Oh wait, that how its been all along and works just fine. The trouble is they've realised they need still more money, and the fuel duty escalator already at the top floor, so they are trying to find new ways to screw more money out of you other ways.

To be honest the different tax band for higher emissions vehicles is a good idea, it dosn't affect old cars, but if you buying new you have a choice. As long as it dosn't get out of hand, there are reasons for bying a big powerful car, you can't tow a horse trailer or caravan with a smart car!

What really annoys is there no alternative most time for using the car, so making it more expensive dosn't help most people, we just stump up more money. Heres a radical idea, if your serious about conjestion and pollution, make it cheaper and easier to get there another way, don't just keep making the ONLY OPTION more expensive!!!

Is all about the ££££.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well said TonyN, but what gets me is that cabinet member's want us to us $$$$py public transport or drive around in little eurobox's, while they swan around in ministerial cars that do less than 20mpg around town, I hate politician's.

Comment

Working...
                X