Things to do before you're 30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do before you're 30...

OK, so the realisation that I'm about to turn 30 this week just hit me...

I've been sat here thinking "what have you done with 30 years"?!!! and thinking about all the places I've been, things I've seen and thing's I've done and experienced. Now, I've decided I've actually experienced quite a lot but I'm wondering, is there a list of things that guys are generally supposed to have done by the time they hit 30???!

We can tick learn to read and write off the list and as we've a baby on the way we can leave off another basic assumption

You're thoughts....?!
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

not thought about any this before, but in a few years i'll be an old man too, so time to think about it i guess...

i'll get back to you!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

30 damn! We're organising Lindas 40th next year!!!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bl00dy kiddies! Bah humbug!!!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i still have some stuff on my list of things to do before you are 20! and some of them i couldn't do know, even if i wanted to! yours a 40 yr old who may have missed the bus...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

well, im turning 30 in 6 months and i would say ive experienced a fair amount for my years.

on my list of things achieved, experienced or accomplished ( this is the smut free list)...

flown a small plane
            flown a glider
            ridden a motorbike around most race tracks in the UK and a few abroad
            ridden a motorbike off road
            driven a comp safari vehicle through a forest off the track at night
            tried surfing ( prefer body boarding)
            swam in the atlantic at sunset
            been to DUblin for St patricks
            paddled a kayak down some rapids and capsized in a weir ( thats how I met my man)
            ridden a horse that bolted, very exciting.
            abseiled,
            rock climbed
            travelled out to sea on a small boat in a force 6
            fired an L98 and a L91 on a range and got my marksman (woman) certificate
            stroked a dolphin in captivity
            slept on a sand dune
            almost ( at the time of writing) finished buying a house boat

--------

im sure these loads more, but my after my 30th, which I plan to hold as a pirates and scallywags party somewhere on a canal or river in the south,
            I dont have many plans after that apart from Id like to drive coast to coast through the USA and snorkel with turtles and dolphins somewhere in the wild.

defo no kids on the way yet.
            she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              i still have some stuff on my list of things to do before you are 20! and some of them i couldn't do know, even if i wanted to! yours a 40 yr old who may have missed the bus...
              One thing I did notice when I passed 40 is I definitely dont suffer fools anymore. If someone's being a d1ck, I'll tell them

Plus I've got a bit more disposable income and cheaper car insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                One thing I did notice when I passed 40 is I definitely dont suffer fools anymore. If someone's being a d1ck, I'll tell them

Plus I've got a bit more disposable income and cheaper car insurance
                as soon as i stopped being a fool myself, i stopped suffering them...
                toyney there is an island in the cotswold water park you can hire for just such an occasion... but i cant remember what its called...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

as soon as i stopped being a fool myself, i stopped suffering them...
                  Oh dear, is that the etiquette? I suppose I should start suffering fools again....

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                    well, im turning 30 in 6 months and i would say ive experienced a fair amount for my years.

on my list of things achieved, experienced or accomplished ( this is the smut free list)...

flown a small plane
                    flown a glider
                    ridden a motorbike around most race tracks in the UK and a few abroad
                    ridden a motorbike off road
                    driven a comp safari vehicle through a forest off the track at night
                    tried surfing ( prefer body boarding)
                    swam in the atlantic at sunset
                    been to DUblin for St patricks
                    paddled a kayak down some rapids and capsized in a weir ( thats how I met my man)
                    ridden a horse that bolted, very exciting.
                    abseiled,
                    rock climbed
                    travelled out to sea on a small boat in a force 6
                    fired an L98 and a L91 on a range and got my marksman (woman) certificate
                    stroked a dolphin in captivity
                    slept on a sand dune
                    almost ( at the time of writing) finished buying a house boat

--------

im sure these loads more, but my after my 30th, which I plan to hold as a pirates and scallywags party somewhere on a canal or river in the south,
                    I dont have many plans after that apart from Id like to drive coast to coast through the USA and snorkel with turtles and dolphins somewhere in the wild.

defo no kids on the way yet.
                    Flown over Australia sitting on the lowered ramp of a C-130.
                    Flown in :-
                    Chinook, Lynx, Sea-King
                    Driven down the Great Ocean Rd
                    Driven a lot of Eastern Route 66
                    Looked down from the CN Tower
                    Driven up the New England coast in the fall
                    Competed at sub club level rallying
                    Driven rally prepped :-
                    Lancer Evo
                    Scooby STi
                    Cosworth Sierra
                    and various others
                    Married the woman of my dreams after trying out several others.
                    Crashed a Celica so hard it was unrecognisable and walked away.
                    Had a fantastic son
                    Drunk more beer than Homer Simpson.

Comment

Find out how to produce Brown adrenalin
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Also on my path to 30 years enlightenment I have experienced quite a lot more than is on my list, but I would be banned from the forum for uttering any details. in terms of "finding myself" if you can think of it and its legal then Ive most probably done it.

the best thing is, I can look back and say I can think of not a single regret.
                        theres nothing I wish I had done and nothing I wish I hadnt.

aint life sweet!
                        she's no angel

Comment

i'm 30 next month too!!

erm...

knocked myself out with lots of things.

can't remember owt else!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i found myself once, when i was on holiday..

but you know how it is, you promise to write....but never get round to it..
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i found myself once, when i was on holiday..

but you know how it is, you promise to write....but never get round to it..
                              Aye!! it's a small world
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X