Do a good valet restore the shine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do a good valet restore the shine?

Hi All, just bought a 3.0 SSR-G with recaro seats, rear spoiler etc. Looks dead straight, and goes like stink ( I span the wheels up and down the docks )! Mine is a "wine red metallic over charcoal grey. As the paint is very dull, my question is does a valet normally return the paint to it's former glory, and give a decent shine???? Thanks

p.s. The coolant looks clean, green and fresh. Is it still a definite coolant change that will be required???

Originally posted by gillms
    Hi All, just bought a 3.0 SSR-G with recaro seats, rear spoiler etc. Looks dead straight, and goes like stink ( I span the wheels up and down the docks )! Mine is a "wine red metallic over charcoal grey. As the paint is very dull, my question is does a valet normally return the paint to it's former glory, and give a decent shine???? Thanks

p.s. The coolant looks clean, green and fresh. Is it still a definite coolant change that will be required???

Would polish it myself, don't trust anyone else to touch my motors, never seen a car wash either.
    Use a good quality polish like Autoglym resin polish, its no where near as harsh as a T cut and is a polish as well and will revive the paint and leave it gleaming, also good for tar and bird c**p etc.

As for coolant, I would still do it myself just for peace of mind knowing it has been done.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Would polish it myself, don't trust anyone else to touch my motors, never seen a car wash either.
      Use a good quality polish like Autoglym resin polish, its no where near as harsh as a T cut and is a polish as well and will revive the paint and leave it gleaming, also good for tar and bird c**p etc.

As for coolant, I would still do it myself just for peace of mind knowing it has been done.
      and wot cloths do you use koi, young sam coming too wash mine tomorrow bless him
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
        and wot cloths do you use koi, young sam coming too wash mine tomorrow bless him

Never use a cloth or sponge (except to do bull bars with), jet wash off all the loose dirt and grit first, then apply a shampoo with the jet washer and leave for 5 mins to soften any thing else up.
        Then use the brush attachment for the jet washer that is kept in a plastic bag and washed/rinsed off after every use. Clean motor, jet wash/rinse off, then dry with shammy, again always kept in bag.
        Then polish with a good quality polish, here i use old cotton t shirts I dont think you can beat them for polishing.

If you just go straight out with bucket and sponge/cloth you just rub all the small particles of grit/dust over you motor. Look at a nice dark coloured car that just been polished and it looks like Torvil & Dean have been skating on it, or its been washed with a brillo pad.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

ta m8
          not got jet wash yet tho.
          and young sam gotta earn his seat to pit hey.
          and it was him and terrie,s rod got the mud on mine and it did not go round that day, lol
          Pops

Comment

Oh trust me, I have tried and tried to get my 'just turned 14 year old son' (the youngest of 4) and the other 3 older ones to clean my cars properly, erm, its hard, very very hard, they always miss something, it will save you an awful lot of stress to -
            A: Do it yourself (the best but hardest way):
            or B: Pay the local Russians at the car park £6.50 and they will give it a wash and wax and clean the wheels:
            If you have a few hours spare, do it yourself, but you may find yourself going off on a tangent, dreaming about forest trails and sunny days etc, may take a while
            ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie
              Oh trust me, I have tried and tried to get my 'just turned 14 year old son' (the youngest of 4) and the other 3 older ones to clean my cars properly, erm, its hard, very very hard, they always miss something, it will save you an awful lot of stress to -
              A: Do it yourself (the best but hardest way):
              or B: Pay the local Russians at the car park £6.50 and they will give it a wash and wax and clean the wheels:
              If you have a few hours spare, do it yourself, but you may find yourself going off on a tangent, dreaming about forest trails and sunny days etc, may take a while
              ok guys you win
              I WILL LEAVE THE BALLY SURF DIRTY THEN
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                ok guys you win
                I WILL LEAVE THE BALLY SURF DIRTY THEN
                Thats my boy!!!!
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Thats my boy!!!!
                  Don't you believe it Pops!! I caught a rare glimpse of a hose pipe aimed at the pickup last weekend when he thought I was safely indoors!
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hang on....
                    Having a bit of confusser trouble here
                    ah sod it I'll re-post!!
                    Last edited by simono; 24 January 2004, 07:59.
                    Simon.O.
                    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Shampoo? Polish? Jet washers?
                      Hmmmm, me thinks mine does not get the treatment it may deserve.

Car washing at work
                      1. Overall rinse; this is using a real hose that delivers 6 litres per second at 3500kpa. Now THAT is a jet washer CAUTION do not point jet at windows, they will implode!
                      2. Set up foam injection to pump from a bucket of detergent, anything soapy will do!!
                      3. Let it soak and have a fag while walking around in what now looks like snow.
                      4. Rinse off, have another fag and a brew while it dries.

CAUTIONARY NOTES
                      Ensure all windows are fully UP
                      Wash ALL the bubbles away before Officer sees it, or you will have to hand wash his car
                      Simon.O.
                      '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                        Don't you believe it Pops!! I caught a rare glimpse of a hose pipe aimed at the pickup last weekend when he thought I was safely indoors!
                        dont know why linda, he throw most of it at us on the M25
                        Pops

Comment

Hi all

have not washed mine in two weeks , the grime is building up for my week end play it helps stop the scratching. thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Geoff.
                          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
                          X